...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Yubikey NEO
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

shogunmark wrote:
First off i love the Neo! It works great with my Nexus 4. But i wanted to configure the key to also allow sign on from my personal PC. My pc is a dual boot laptop with ubuntu and Win7. I downloaded the the yubikey personalization tool on ubuntu but it was unable to read any of my keys (I Have a 2 regular keys, 1 mt. gox key, 1 nano, and 1 Neo)... it was late so i decided to scratch the idea and get some sleep. The next day i decided to go ahead and try to set up the sign on for Windows as i was sure this is a painless process.
I installed the logon administration and personalization tool. Finally, i was able to see all the keys with no problems. So i configured slot 2 on the Neo, Nano, and a Regular key as i wanted to make sure everything works (all with the same settings on slot 2). So i plugged in the Neo, ran the logon admin tool, selected the profile, but the configure button was still grayed out. So I then plugged in the Nano, and the configure button lit up, and i was able to configure it for use. Rebooted, was able to sign on with no problems.

But i still can get the logon admin tool to recognize the Neo.

Hello shogunmark,

I have been able to replicate your issue. We will address this problem as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that during the holidays this may take a bit longer then usual :)

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm 

TomYubico wrote:
Hello shogunmark,

I have been able to replicate your issue. We will address this problem as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that during the holidays this may take a bit longer then usual :)

Thank you! I am patient, i have plenty of other yubikeys to use and play with.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 am 

Tom wrote:
shogunmark wrote:
First off i love the Neo! It works great with my Nexus 4. But i wanted to configure the key to also allow sign on from my personal PC. My pc is a dual boot laptop with ubuntu and Win7. I downloaded the the yubikey personalization tool on ubuntu but it was unable to read any of my keys (I Have a 2 regular keys, 1 mt. gox key, 1 nano, and 1 Neo)... it was late so i decided to scratch the idea and get some sleep. The next day i decided to go ahead and try to set up the sign on for Windows as i was sure this is a painless process.
I installed the logon administration and personalization tool. Finally, i was able to see all the keys with no problems. So i configured slot 2 on the Neo, Nano, and a Regular key as i wanted to make sure everything works (all with the same settings on slot 2). So i plugged in the Neo, ran the logon admin tool, selected the profile, but the configure button was still grayed out. So I then plugged in the Nano, and the configure button lit up, and i was able to configure it for use. Rebooted, was able to sign on with no problems.

But i still can get the logon admin tool to recognize the Neo.

Hello shogunmark,

Hello
Scud how things are going with the solution of this problem with the Nexus 4 + LastPass + YubiKey Neo (firmware 3.1)? To date, the problem still persists, I can not use the stated functionality.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

Are you using the latest version of the personalization tool?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 pm 

Tom wrote:
Hello,

Are you using the latest version of the personalization tool?

Yes, of course.
Thank you, I think figured out what was wrong.
Found an article on the website where everything is written.
https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-options/multifactor-authentication-options/yubikey-authentication/#Using+a+YubiKey+NEO+with+Lastpass
Now everything works, the device is determined. Thank you.