Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:20 am 

I have purchased a few more key and would like to add them to my revoke account. For the life of me I cannot remember the admin password. Is a reset mechanism available for the password?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:28 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Currently there is no automated option available for YubiRevoke users to reset their lost admin password. Please write to support@yubico.com for help.

Thanks!
Samir.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 pm 

I lost my password, find this topic and wrote to support@yubico.com, here the response :

Quote:
Due to security and privacy concerns, we are unfortunately not able to access your YubiRevoke account.

We now recommend that for best security, you manage your credentials directly on the products and services that you use your YubiKeys with. If you are worried that your credentials might be compromised, you can simply reprogram your YubiKeys and re-associate the new credentials with your products and services.

I know I should have been more careful on memorize my password, but that's the first time I can't reset a password on a website, I really didn't expect that !

I planned to use your yubirevoke service to quickly lock a key instead of going on each website (in case I lost it) and disable by default a backup key that I could re-enable when I lost the first key...
But now I can't manage my first key already associated on my lost password yubirevoke account, it sucks if I have to buy a third key...

You must have a team working on yubirevoke, can't you ask them to implement a lost password system ?

Also I didn't quite understand the "reprogram" think as I though there was an unclonable hardware part...but I'll look into it...