Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 pm 

Tom wrote:
Hi,

did you tried slowing down the Yubikey output of 60ms?

Yup, did that. Does not help unfortunately.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:44 pm 

Tom wrote:
Hi,

did you tried slowing down the Yubikey output of 60ms?

(this is slightly embarrassing)

I thought I had done that. It turns out I had omitted to press the "Update Settings..." button on the interface.
Now the static password is entered noticeably slower and boot completes successfully. I'll now experiment with the faster delay options.

EDIT: login is also successful with a 40ms delay. 20ms is too fast and does not work.

skitapa; If your problem is different from mine and is in fact a locale problem you could try setting your locale to american temporarily while you set your password so the characters match at the boot screen.

~Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:12 am 

I checked for a change locale button or something. But could not find any.
Is it possible to change locale in the startup/decrypt screen, I can not even use my mouse there.
I will check again for the delay, it's set on 60 ms. So I guess that leaves only the locale as the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am 

I noticed that you needed to press the update settings. I thought that maybe the program remembered my setting and did not load it from the yubikey. So I changed the input speed to 20 ms, and my Yubikey Personalization app saves the settings automatically it seems. The update settings button is grayed out. I changed it back to 60 ms.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:29 am 

Well, I looked at the issue again and it turns out it's right in yubicos manual. It's a layout issue. I used a static password that changes depending on layout. My regular layout is Swedish and when booting he computer and trying to unlock file vault 2 the layout is "us". It is simple enough to diagnose, just input your static string in an editor and change layout.
I have tried using the mod hex calculator from yubico but it does not help me, I can not get it to work but need to change my password to something compatible. Well, bite the bullet i guess :-)