...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Trust it?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:13 pm 

Ordered a new Yubikey NEO for evaluating FIDO for single sign-on when windows 10 comes out for the company I work for. Got a shipping error message from Amazon and a new tracking number. Delivery is delayed by days. Myself and the company I work for are even US based. Lost in the mail security devices sound shaky to me. Is there any way to detect tampering with a Yubikey?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:42 pm 

jeffj wrote:
Ordered a new Yubikey NEO for evaluating FIDO for single sign-on when windows 10 comes out for the company I work for. Got a shipping error message from Amazon and a new tracking number. Delivery is delayed by days. Myself and the company I work for are even US based. Lost in the mail security devices sound shaky to me. Is there any way to detect tampering with a Yubikey?

I suppose it depends upon your OpSec needs. You can reset the yubicloud credentials if you want. The rest...depends upon what you need to trust and who you are worried about.

For the highly paranoid, one might want to know: where can Yubikey product be purchased *retail*? Like, physical retail outlets?

B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm 

My OpSec needs are pretty low.
Device is just for eval.
If my government is spying on me it will be a complete waste of my tax dollars. Unless of course they are doing it to make sure I don't miss any deductions on my taxes! Be better if they just did the taxes for me, and deducted the bill from my account :-( YubiKey won't be used for personal use though, so that will disappoint them. Easier to exploit my OS I would guess.