Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Yubico is pleased to announce support for US English Dvorak Keyboard Layout to its online Yubico OTP validation server!

The online Yubico OTP validation server has been enhanced to seamlessly validate the OTPs when the user is using the US English Dvorak Keyboard Layout.

Now, the users using the US English Dvorak Keyboard Layout can generate the OTPs from their YubiKeys on the same machine (without switching the Keyboard Layout to US English) and can successfully validate the OTPs with the online Yubico OTP validation server.

Please note that, as of now only the US English Dvorak Keyboard Layout is supported. Also note that the change is only on the Yubico OTP validation server. If your validation clients perform their own input sanity checking of the OTP (i.e. it should be of 44 characters and should contain only ModHex characters) before sending the OTP to the Yubico OTP validation server, you need to update your client accordingly. Also, if you are using any third party service which performs could be doing input sanity check on the OTP, you need to contact your service provider with a request to update the service accordingly.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is a hint for those running X under GNU/Linux:

http://amo-probos.org/post/7

Essentially, you can configure X to use a non-dvorak keyboard scheme for the YubiKey.

Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier      "yubikey"
  MatchIsKeyboard "on"
  MatchVendor     "Yubico"
  MatchProduct    "Yubico Yubikey II"
  Driver          "evdev"
  Option          "XkbRules" "evdev"
  Option          "XkbModel" "pc105"
  Option          "XkbLayout" "us"
  Option          "XkbVariant" "basic"
EndSection

/Simon

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:39 pm 

Wow, only took three years. AuthLite added like 10 lines of code and supported this since forever ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:05 pm 

Any chance to update this forum to accept dvorak? I have to switch keyboard layouts every time I want to log in!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 pm 

I am a new Yubikey user, and a dvorak user, and I was stunned to see error messages that my key was not valid when I tried to log in to this forum. After a while, I managed to find out that it was my dvorak keyboard layout that was the problem, but it was not really clear from the start.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm 

Disappointed to find so little support for alternate keyboard layouts. My two Yubikeys both stopped working when I switched to Colemak on my MacBook and PC. I guess it's time to look for alternatives to Yubikey given the age of threads like http://forum.yubico.com/viewtopic.php?f ... orak#p2007 and the lack of progress to date. Too bad, as Yubico finally seems to be getting some mainstream traction.