Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:46 am 

Hi,
I just stumbled upon this and fixed my new YubiKey neo to work with WP8 and WP8.1. It all works on windows 8 perfectly without the need for linux. Oh and you don't need to keep m82 enabled. I switched back to m0 becasue I don't need smart card support right now and it works like a charm.
basically what I did is:
  1. download an unpack ykpers-1.15.1 from http://yubico.github.io/yubikey-persona ... eases.html
  2. opened command line interface with admin privileges
  3. entered devmgmg.msc to make sure there is no other SmartCard device in my laptop
  4. entered ykpersonalize -m82 and confirmed by y
  5. unplugged and replugged the Yubkey NEO.
  6. waited for windows to recognize the smart card interface and install the default drivers
  7. downloaded and unpacked GPShell-1.4.4 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/globalp ... p/download
  8. downloaded gp_wp8fix from download/file.php?id=24
  9. entered gpshell gp_wp8fix in the command line interface
  10. unplugged, tested on a WP8 and WP8.1 phone and replugged the Yubkey NEO
  11. entered ykpersonalize -m0 and confirmed by y in the command line
  12. done.

Oh but there is ONE glitch: the NFC seems to work only ONCE. After you used it, it gets ejected and you need to reconnect to a PC via USB again, otherwise the NDEF message is emtpy again. Really weird.
Does anyone else observe this behaviour? Is there any fix?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:52 am 

ah no, it seems to have nothing to do with the connection to a PC. It is somehow connected to the the touch button! But it's random. Sometimes the NDEF message is empty, sometimes it contains the required one-time-URL. What's to do?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately, Nokia's and Microsoft's documentation is very limited with regards to NFC. The stack seems to be confused that we both support Type 2 (Mifare Classic) and ISO14443-4 so the fix changes the response to appear as a Mifare DESfire tag.

Unfortunately this is an hack to address lack of support from Windows Phone's API and the best you can do as a Windows Customer is to inform MS to update their APIs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:26 pm 

it dows work though I figured out. not very reliable, but it does. I sometimes try multiple times until it recognizes the key, but it does and everything is fine.