Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:17 pm 

Xperia Z3 Compact works really well.

The NEO can as much as an inch away and be read. I was quite impressed!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:44 pm 

Also works just fine with OnePlus One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:30 am 

tux79 wrote:
Anyone else tried a Nexus 9? I can't get it to work at all (works fine on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.)

Confirmed working on Nexus 9. The NFC reader is just underneath the camera instead of being centered like it is on other devices.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:11 am 

Barely works with my Galaxy Note 3. Have to retry multiple (10+) times before it will spit out something yubiclip can interpret.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:39 pm 

mmalluck wrote:
Barely works with my Galaxy Note 3. Have to retry multiple (10+) times before it will spit out something yubiclip can interpret.

I have no problems using my Neo with my Galaxy Note 3's NFC, either with Yubiclip or the Authenticator app.

If you are using a non-Samsung battery, a non-Samsung wireless charging insert or back, or a case, these things might be interfering with the signal. The factory NFC antenna is in the battery, though any other metal can block that antenna. Samsung cases and backs with wireless charging built in contain a NFC antenna, but third party cases do not necessarily do so.

I'd try with a Samsung battery and no back or case fitted to see if that helps. If it does, you can experiment with changing one thing at a time until you figure out what is causing the problem. If it doesn't help, the problem might be with an app you have installed on the phone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:54 pm 

I have a Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T) with stock battery and no case, and neither of the NEOs I bought work with it. The Authenticator app reports a communications error (if it sees anything at all).

This phone reads normal NFC tags consistently and with no errors.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 pm 

dvarapala, DavidW: If the field generated by the phone isn't strong enough to power the secure element in the NEO, then it's going to be a no-go. Sounds like the Galaxy Note 3 is right at the edge.

Unfortunately I'm not really sure if there is anything that can be done to boost the NFC carrier power. Just throwing ideas at the wall:

Do you have a key ring in your neo? If so, try removing the key ring and placing the Neo flat against the back of the phone. Not idea, but it will help establish that the problem is one of power instead of an incompatible NFC stack.

Is the NFC antenna attached to the battery? If so, you may want to check that it has a good connection.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:19 am 

The NFC antenna in the Galaxy Note 3 is in the battery. I suggest trying to centre the Neo on the battery to see if that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:54 am 

I have a Wifi Nexus 7 2013, I've not been able to use my Yubikey Neo with it. The Neo works successfully with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I'm wondering if the reason I can't get it to work is because I have unlocked the boot loader for the device. Would that stop it working?

Another theory my reading has suggested, is that the WIFI Nexus 7 doesn't have a TPM module in it so the NFC chip is only useful for reading simple NFC tags. [The reasoning I read was that with the 3/4G version of the device had the TPM removed because the US Telcos wanted the SIM TPM used instead]. This may or may not be the case - I don't have a sufficient level of knowledge to know if it does or doesn't have an TPM and, more importantly, if the way the NEO works needs a TPM on the Nexus 7.

Can anyone offer tips on how to get a Neo working with a Wifi Nexus 7 2013?
Will it work if the boot loader is unlocked? And then if I have something like CyanogenMod installed?
Does the NEO require a TPM on the Nexus 7?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:49 am 

Works fine with a Sony Xperia Z (C6603).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next