Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 am 

Hi,

I realize this question might be a little to the point...

What kind of sales volumes have you seen already? I see you already have a number of 'large' clients including a New Zealand company which was cool to see.

My question is mostly around viability of integrating the Yubikey into a service. The service is about to be launched and has a great set of functionality already (which we are already being pushed to release sooner!). Where I see the Yubikey really coming to market is a two factor authentication solution, which uses SAML as you already are (but could have an API for all to use). I like the form factor, I like it doesn't have batteries, and I like that I don't have to punch in a unique code off my mobile phone. I can have it on my keyring (USB flash drives, or car keys, or even keys for a client), and with RFID, it makes even more sense in the corporate world. I see so much going for it, but largely a small market (hence the question, as I could be completely wrong!).

I've just ordered 10 of these (8 days from the US to NZ :) ), for testing and R&D. I ordered for two reasons:

1. I like to try new things, and experiment (we've made some cool stuff that way)
2. I've come across the Yubikey several times now, so something you're doing is getting you some attention somewhere!

I think your product 'has legs' but as other posts have pointed out, it needs that 'little bit extra' to really get it humming along. I think your SAML service has hit it on the head, it a case of working out where to connect all these services together to really get traction.

I'll let you know once/if we decide to implement the Yubikey into our offering (there are a group of us we need to convince, BUT if there is a large client where the Yubikey is a deal breaker, we'll implement it quicker).

Regards,
Arron

http://www.totali.co.nz

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 am 

This has been responded to by Yubico directly. :)