Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:40 pm 

Hi, I have a Yubikey NEO, have Yubiclip and Yubico Authenticator installed on my Nexus 6.
Yubico Authenticator works fine, but if I scan the the tag from the home screen or when trying to use U2F on github in chrome all I get is a new chrome tab with a Yubico page saying "Congratulations you're authenticated". Yubiclip doesn't work and the U2F doesn't go through on github.

What have a got wrong here? I *do* have a new enough NEO for U2F over NFC...

*edit*
Am running the N beta... so it could be that?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:23 pm 

MarcRoberts wrote:
Hi, I have a Yubikey NEO, have Yubiclip and Yubico Authenticator installed on my Nexus 6.
Yubico Authenticator works fine, but if I scan the the tag from the home screen or when trying to use U2F on github in chrome all I get is a new chrome tab with a Yubico page saying "Congratulations you're authenticated". Yubiclip doesn't work and the U2F doesn't go through on github.

What have a got wrong here? I *do* have a new enough NEO for U2F over NFC...

*edit*
Am running the N beta... so it could be that?

This sounds like it may be related to an issue I was running into after installing another browser, where Yubiclip seemed to have lost priority for the my.yubico.com URIs the NEO sends with the OTP (causing it to open in your browser, and potentially leaking passphrases, if you had set it for a static passphrase). I was able to resolve this by uninstalling and reinstalling the Yubiclip application; after doing that, Yubiclip correctly intercepted the URI w/ OTP and handled it accordingly (in my case, nothing in notifications, just copy to clipboard and clear clipboard 10 seconds later).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:22 am 

Thanks for the reply!

I got there in the end by:
Clear all defaults for Yubiclip AND Chrome.

Next time I scanned the Neo I got prompted, Yubiclip was on the list, works fine.

The U2F I didn't realise isn't supported by Chrome in Android on its own, had to install Google Authenticator which works with U2F and github.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:57 pm 

MarcRoberts wrote:
The U2F I didn't realise isn't supported by Chrome in Android on its own, had to install Google Authenticator which works with U2F and github.

Good thing to note, as I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere (though I also hadn't tried using U2F on Android yet).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 pm 

Hi,

today I stumbled on the same issue.
And the idiot that I am before trying to fix it on the android side I tried to fix it on the yubikey :shock:
So tried to rewrite the password back to the yubikey and might have destroyed my original setup in that process.

Before I had a static password configured and yubiclip would grab that password.
Now when I put the yubikey in a USB-Port and press the button my static password is typed in, all good on this end.
But when holding it to the phone through NFC I get an otp instead of my static password.

I've read that one should swap slot1/slot2 using the configuration tool and rewrite the key in order to get the static password throug nfc.
Is that the right way to do it?

Can someone help me out and try to explain how I may get the static password transferred through NFC again?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:51 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

1ron wrote:
Hi,

today I stumbled on the same issue.
And the idiot that I am before trying to fix it on the android side I tried to fix it on the yubikey :shock:
So tried to rewrite the password back to the yubikey and might have destroyed my original setup in that process.

Before I had a static password configured and yubiclip would grab that password.
Now when I put the yubikey in a USB-Port and press the button my static password is typed in, all good on this end.
But when holding it to the phone through NFC I get an otp instead of my static password.

I've read that one should swap slot1/slot2 using the configuration tool and rewrite the key in order to get the static password throug nfc.
Is that the right way to do it?

Can someone help me out and try to explain how I may get the static password transferred through NFC again?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1963#p7590

Whether you are sending slot 1 or slot 2 over NFC is defined in the "NDEF Programming" section of the YubiKey Personalization Tool (under the Tools section).