Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: My keyring case idea
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 pm 

My boss likes buying gadgets and I turned him onto picking up a couple yubikeys to play with. So far it's a pretty cool little gadget. My only gripe is that while it is obviously built to be on a keyring, having something plugged into a usb port that puts the kind of strain as a couple ounces of keys do is bad for the port and the yubikey itself.

My idea is to ship the yubikey with a thin hard shelled "container" that the yubikey could pop in and out of, I envision this case being able to use the existing keyring hole in the yubikey as a place where an internal latch could secure the yubikey, keeping it from falling out. This has the added benefit of protecting the usb contacts as well.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: My keyring case idea
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:36 pm 

Although I haven't tried, you might want to use Sculpteo https://www.sculpteo.com/en/ and this guy's STL file (read message below) to make a case.

I really think Yubico should be doing this.

msantangelo wrote:
Hey all,

I just picked up a Yubikey Neo a few weeks ago and I've been really liking the functionality it gives me with U2F and with the Yubico Auth app on my HTC One.

That being said, I was a little frustrated with the lack of protection options available. I know it's designed of super resilient materials and such to last, even when dangling from my keychain.

That being said, I did want something a little more robust, and something that would protect the precious USB contacts.

To that end, I've created a model on Thing-i-verse for a case/cover for the Yubikey Neo - I'm glad to say that the three people who I've given test units to have loved it (myself included).

It is available for you to view and download from here. From there you can download the STL file for printing on any Makerbot device, as well as the SKP file which should let you import it to Google Sketchup for editing or exporting to any other 3d printer format.

Please let me know what you think.

I've also included a few pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fiqgz6moffm2 ... _A2WMYl-9a