Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:06 pm 

Hi All

I'm trying to import a real life yubikeys details into the kms store for local validation on yubix , but all documentation seems to cover how to generate random keys to test database load and not how to upload a real key information.
Can anyone help as to how I pass serialnr,identity,internaluid,aeskey,(as this is the details I have of the ubikey I'm testing with using the personalization tool) to the generate key command so that I can gpg encrypt it and import it into the database ?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:29 am 

I concur. This may not be obvious if you're already familiar with the whole software stack, and the hardware - but if you're absolutely new to Yubico, you've purchased a couple USB keys for testing, you've installed KSM and VAL on an instance, and you're looking through the official documentation for how to begin using your test keys with your own KSM/VAL stack, there's basically nothing to help you there.

It would help a lot if the documentation included a simple guide, explaining the basic steps on how to import an existing USB key into your own stack, and begin testing. It doesn't have to be huge, a page or two would suffice. Maybe it should be included with KSM docs?

The lack of such a document is what's delaying me right now while evaluating this technology.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is an opensource project and free software, we welcome any help from the community in developing such a guide.

Moreover, if you would look carefully this forum host multiple tutorials posted by users which may help you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]