Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 pm 

Project Name: Yubinotes
License: TBD
Description: A yubikey enabled notes app for Android. All notes are encrypted and decrypted using the YubiKey. More details on this process coming.. The app contains all the functionality you would expect from a notes app, with a nice, minimalistic holo-compliant interface!
Platforms: Android 4.1+ (might go down to Android 4.0.3 if I can work out some quirks)
Webpage: Coming soon..

Tutorial: Not much to it really, just download the app from the PlayStore once its available and have fun!

Ive been working hard on a nice notes app designed to work with the Yubikey NEO. Basically, all notes are encrypted using 256bit AES and the yubikey is used for encryption/decryption.

Ill post some screenshots in a day or two. I am still tweaking the UI a bit, but it looks pretty clean, nice and holo-ish. Similar to the Google Drive app in a few ways I guess.

I developed the app simply because I like the concept behind YubiKey and, amusingly enough, I dont feel there's a good notes app for those of us who dont want to leave notes unencrypted on our devices and dont want to push our notes out into the cloud.

The code will be up on Github by the time of release. ;)

If anyone has any feedback, suggestions or requests, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks all!

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot 1
yubinotes01.png
yubinotes01.png [ 38.18 KiB | Viewed 11310 times ]

Last edited by Untouchab1e on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm 

Updated the post to comply with the community guidelines! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done. Expect a tweet soon from us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm 

Nice!

Thanks for the support

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 pm 

I'll just post the link to the other, active thread about this project: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1015

Didn't realize it was there for a while and had no idea this thing had gone forward.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:25 pm 

foxzilla wrote:
I'll just post the link to the other, active thread about this project: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1015

Didn't realize it was there for a while and had no idea this thing had gone forward.

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 am 

Untouchab1e wrote:
Description: A yubikey enabled notes app for Android. All notes are encrypted and decrypted using the YubiKey. More details on this process coming.. The app contains all the functionality you would expect from a notes app, with a nice, minimalistic holo-compliant interface!
Platforms: Android 4.1+ (might go down to Android 4.0.3 if I can work out some quirks)

Tutorial: Not much to it really, just download the app from the PlayStore once its available and have fun!

Ive been working hard on a nice notes app designed to work with the Yubikey NEO. Basically, all notes are encrypted using 256bit AES and the yubikey is used for encryption/decryption.

Ill post some screenshots in a day or two. I am still tweaking the UI a bit, but it looks pretty clean, nice and holo-ish. Similar to the Google Drive app in a few ways I guess.

I developed the app simply because I like the concept behind YubiKey and, amusingly enough, I dont feel there's a good notes app for those of us who dont want to leave notes unencrypted on our devices and dont want to push our notes out into the cloud.

If anyone has any feedback, suggestions or requests, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks all!

Hi untouchable!
First, the app yubinotes is what i need . if I can trust the description ... but:
1) is it not possible to use it with a touchpad (I would like to try it at "Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321"?
2) my Android ver is 4.1.2 ... is it not possible to use yubinotes with this Version of Android?

The Problem:
The App Yubinotes starts, but when i activate the Yubikey NEO with NFC, the App crashes/switches off/stop working ... it ends without comment.
PS.: The Yubikey Neo is like I get it, really unchanged.

Please, is there a forum to discuss in german language?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 pm 

Konrad wrote:
Untouchab1e wrote:

Thanks all!

Hi untouchable!
First, the app yubinotes is what i need . if I can trust the description ... but:
1) is it not possible to use it with a touchpad (I would like to try it at "Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321"?
2) my Android ver is 4.1.2 ... is it not possible to use yubinotes with this Version of Android?

The Problem:
The App Yubinotes starts, but when i activate the Yubikey NEO with NFC, the App crashes/switches off/stop working ... it ends without comment.
PS.: The Yubikey Neo is like I get it, really unchanged.

Please, is there a forum to discuss in german language?

Hi there!

1) What kind of touchpad? You mean a tablet? And sure it should be possible to use it with one.
2) The app supports Android 4.0 and up I believe.

Its odd that the app suddenly crashes, but if you could provide me with a stack trace, it should be fairly easy for me to correct whatever issue you might be having.

My German is a bit rusty and probably no better than your English. but Id be happy to try and help you out in German too if you'd like.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:30 pm 

Actually, I see that someone has reported an issue:

Quote:
Yubinotes with Yubikey NEO Yubinotes stop working, when NFC connect the Yubikey. vaio tablet xperia z sgp321 android 4.1.2 new, unchanged yubikey neo

If this is you, then I already have a stack trace. For some reason it cant find android.support.v4.app.NotificationCompat$Builder on your device. I will look into it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:47 pm 

New update should fix the issue.