Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 am 

I just was at the Verizon Store and also Best Buy looking at the Samsung Note 5 and the key does not appear to work. when i tap it to a store Nexus 6 the Yubico web confirmation page pops up. But neither the Samsung Note 5 nor any of the S6 variants pick up the key at all.
Is this a know issue with Samsung?

Update: 9/23/2015
Both the Verizon Note 5 and S6 do work with the Neo. The sweet spot on the Note 5 is just below the camera near the volume rocker and the S6 is toward the bottom near the Samsung logo
The Store Security was blocking those areas. I now have the Note 5 and the Neo works fine

Last edited by SRCrosset on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:36 am 

SRCrosset wrote:
I just was at the Verizon Store and also Best Buy looking at the Samsung Note 5 and the key does not appear to work. when i tap it to a store Nexus 6 the Yubico web confirmation page pops up. But neither the Samsung Note 5 nor any of the S6 variants pick up the key at all.
Is this a know issue with Samsung?

I just tried it with my wife's S6 and the key is picked up. The zone seems to be in the Samsung logo area below the camera. It was picking up the key with and without the cover. Have you verified that NFC was turned on on these phones at Best Buy?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 pm 

Yubikey NEO NFC works with the LG Volt (LS740) which is one of the few budget pre-paid phones (the only one I know of that works with Sprint and ringplus+) that have NFC capability at the time of this post (August 2015). Can be found for as little as $30 when on sale.

That said, It can take quite a few tries before the NEO is recognized. It takes some moving around, swiping and/or holding to find the sweet spot and have the key recognized. It can work through a pair of jeans pocket but it is even trickier to get it to recognize the NEO without knowing exactly where it is in your pocket. Which could make you look quite foolish if you are fiddling around with your phone in one hand and trying to find your NEO inside your pocket with the other. ;)

Given that some of the expensive "flagship" phones exhibit the same problems I'm not going to complain about the LG Volt that I paid a mere $35 for. :D As with any new device I assume I'm hoping I will get more proficient at getting it to be recognized the more I use it.

Great phone to use with your NEO especially if you are on a budget.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:31 am 

Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005 international edition works well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:11 pm 

Yubikey NEO NFC works with the MICROSOFT Lumia 640 ;) (without script of course)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:33 pm 

i'm new...to Yubikeys and this forum.

I have a Neo Yubikey. My phone is not NFC enabled. I will need to buy a new one with NFC. This thread lists a number of phones known to work with the Neo, but i wonder if it is a comprehensive list?

Before actually buying a new phone is it recommended to visit a store and put the Yubi against working display models to see if they respond to the key? if the phone is responding does the Neo button light up?

Also, i could go ahead now and register a key with my Google account with my laptop. If i do that will i be locked out of my account through my phone until i get an NFC model?

Thanks, Jay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:41 am 

I have a Yotaphone 2.

It works fine with the Yubikey.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:59 pm 

It would be nice if people specified what capabilities exactly they tested and found working. E.g., OTP, PIV, OpenPGP, U2F...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:34 pm 

Just FYI to other Samsung Galaxy S5/S6 users...

The github commits from earlier today that may fix Galaxy S5/S6 NFC issues with the Yubico Authenticator are already available in the Google Play Store! So, I suggest updating.

Code:
+* Version 1.0.3 released 2015-11-17
+ ** Use Nordpol library to improve NFC communication (should improve experience
+    on S5/S6).

Brendan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:17 am 

Didn't see this on the list but working with an older Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

They were in limited release in the U.S.A. and they quickly went to the S6 Edge instead but some of us early adopters of the 'edge' screen have them and Yubikey NEO works with the NFC.

Thanks!
~Richard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next