Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, remove and plugin the Yubikey after settinging it in mode 82

Disable other smartcard readers then plugin the yubikey and try again,

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:50 pm 

OK, so I think things have been working since installing the .CAP file but what I've discovered is an issue with having my NEO on my keychain and trying to give it full contact with my GNex. After taking it off of my keyring and keeping it full flush against my phone it's working like it's supposed to. I'm going to have to put it on my key ring differently.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:48 pm 

Tom wrote:
Yes, remove and plugin the Yubikey after settinging it in mode 82

Disable other smartcard readers then plugin the yubikey and try again,

I set the mode to 82 on my mac, so re-inserting was definitely taken care of.

I just tried again with the Windows box. I went into the Device Manager, and found a device under the category "Memory technology driver" named "Realtek PCIE CardReader" as well as the controller for my SD slot, "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller". I disabled both those devices and then attempted inserting the yubikey.

When I insert it, I get a new category under Device Manager, "Smart card readers", and the device installed is called "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader (WUDF)".

However, when I try to run GPShell, I still get the same error I described above, "The smart card is not responding to a reset".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:03 pm 

deinspanjer: Can you post a copy of your gpinstall.txt file?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:15 pm 

tnolte wrote:
deinspanjer: Can you post a copy of your gpinstall.txt file?

It is the default file from the ykneo-oath project with the install -file argument changed to point to the .cap file that is in the current working directory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndpqv1ut9gg0vgi/gpinstall.txt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 am 

Yeah, I'm getting the same "error 0x8010001D" as deinspanjer in Linux Mint 15, even after installing the files from the aforementioned PPA, setting mode 82 and power cycling, and checking for additional smartcard devices (there aren't any). Would it help any to build the GlobalPlatform files manually in case Klas' binary isn't working for me?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 pm 

Whew! What an ordeal these past few hours have been =P You'll have to forgive my n00bness, but I accidentally set my neo to mode 81 and couldn't figure out how to get it back to 82 until I downloaded, built, and ran ykneo-ccid-modeswitch and installed pcscd. I believe the latter was what was missing initially, in case anyone was wondering. Once I reset to mode 82 and power cycled, the applet had no trouble downloading. Perhaps these potential pitfalls could be mentioned in the FAQ somewhere?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:32 pm 

I'm having hard time here with step 0...

I have set my NDEF configuration to be used with Lastpass. Will this applet disable/replace all that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:57 pm 

I was finally able to set up one of my yubikeys using a different Windows computer.

I have some follow-up questions, but I'll post them in a new thread for clarity.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 pm 

Hi,
even though I was able to install the ykneo-oath cap file (ykneo-oath-0.2.1.cap) with gpshell in Ubuntu saucy (installing gpshell from ppa and installing pcscd was needed)

Android YubiOATH says "Empty credentials list" when I swipe the key but as soon as I try to scan Googles QR to move the 2nd Factor to it I get a

Error in Yubikey communication!

YubiOATH 0.1.6 on a Nexus 5 same with a Nexus 7 razorg, Yubikey Neo 3.0.4 Reports as Yubico Yubikey NEO OTP+CCID) ID 1050:0111 Yubico.com

What am I doing wrong?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next