Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:35 pm 

newbie - still unfamiliar with the forums.. sorry if this is the wrong place

where do I post general requests for help using Yubikey in particular with yms(?) for use with pwsafe3.15Y

thanks in advance

John Pugh

Last edited by John Pugh on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: Yubikey newbie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

We would appreciate if you can provide us some more detailed information regarding the problem you are facing.

BTW, the new version of passwordsafe w/YubiKey support (3.16.2Y) has been released. Please use the following link to download the new passwordsafe software:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 am 

1. I'm an end user running pwsafe v3.16.02Y which is the latest version

2. I want to associate a Yubikey with my database: I click 'Enable Yubikey Authentication' and the dialog requests three pieces of data - Client ID, API key, and yubikey OTP. I don't know the first two, so I follow the link to //api.yubico.com/yms/getapi.php

3. First question - as an end user, how do I find out what yms is and why I need to use it? The web site and forum have defeated me on this one... I'm developing the feeling an API key should be associated with the pwsafe application and not with an individual end user/kubikey, but plough on..

4. I go to the getapi page. I enter a description ('Healix pwsafe'), my e-mail address, and OTP. This generates the error: "The account is already set up for you! Retrieve your API key from Yubikey Management Service <index.php>." What does this mean - is my yubikey known, and the API key relates to me or my key as an individual??

5. I follow the link to YMS. I enter my OTP. This error is generated: "This Yubikey does not have admin rights to log on to the management console."

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment
JP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 am 

4. It seems your yubikey has already been register and have an existing API key. By right, it should send an email about the API key to the address that we specified but for some reason I havent received one yet :(

Not sure how it happened to your yubikey but either you have done the API before or someone might have used it. Maybe admins here can explain more

5. YMS is for users with more than 1 Yubikey. If you have 2 or more you can just send an email to yms at yubico dot com. On the email add 2 OTP and transaction ID from paypal

Hope helps a bit. I have my issue with syncing password safe with the API but i wont hijack you topic :mrgreen: