Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:03 am 

Hi guys,

I'd like to suggest something. I'd like to utilize Yubikeys on my site for increased security, but I do not want to manage the logistics of the ordering process.

I would like to see something where I can redirect users to a URL on your site, where they can purchase the Yubikey (similar to what you have now), but as soon as the purchase is complete, I would like you to send me their assigned Yubikey ID, so it can be entered into my database immediatly. Maybe through a redirect, ie when they successfully complete the purchase from Yubico, redirect them back to my site with a success message, and their assigned Yubikey key, else, send me the failed message.

That way, they will not be able to log into my site until they receive their individual yubikey from you.

Cheers!

Massyn

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 am 

This is a very good request indeed!

Most companies do not want to handle the logistics etc. Yubico is ready to help customers with drop-shipping service.

In your case, do you plan to host your own validation server or use api.yubico.com for OTP validation requests?

Best

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 pm 

Hi,

In my case, I'm quite happy to use the Yubico API server. So in order for me to actually authenticate the users, I'd need that unique ID so it can go into my database for the authentication. To ensure security, I do not want to see the AES key, thus for me, no need to host my own. I can certainly see some applications where customers may require the AES key to be returned as well, just not sure what's the safest way to make that available.

Hope that helps.

Cheers...