Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Which yubikey did I use?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:40 am 

Hi:

I heard about your yubikey on "Security Now" and got a couple, as suggested by Steve, just to try them out. First thing I noticed, I can not tell them apart! I may leave home with one and be trying in vain to authenticate to my service with the wrong key!

I have a suggestion, on the back side of the yubikey, place a little white strip of material on which I can write, in normal ink with a pen, some unique mark so I can tell them apart. Think of all those CD-R's around the house, without a label on each who knows where those pictures you are looking for are.

Now I go to try out your product, I have heard so many good things about them.

Regards.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:18 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Yubico is planning to add more colors to the YubiKey by summer time frame in order to clearly distinguish them. In the meantime Yubico will come up with colored stickers that are very resistant against being peeled off (using a special adhesive). If you would like some of the colored stickers please email support@yubico.com with your address and this note Yubico will send the stickers as soon as they come in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 pm 

Hi:

Thanks for the offer, I'll think about it before I send in my request. But, since you raised the possibility of stickers, will I be able to write on these new colored stickers with a regular pen? If that is the case then you just keep making the key black and supply a small packet of of stickers in assorted colors. Remember how diskettes come with a collection of different colored labels. Then we, the user, can choose if we want to have a sticker and which color if we do. Do also consider high visibility colors, as small black items are easily overlooked in a side pocket of a bag.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,