Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:35 am 

Hello

I have only recently received my first Yubikey, I want to program slot 2 with a static password but it won't let me do this. Here is my details. Yubikey VIP firmware version 2.4.1 Yubikey cross-platform Windows installer 3.1.10. All features supported are checked except Ndef.

I select static password > scan code > configuration slot 2 . Configuration protection is left at "Unprotected - keep it that way". I enter my static password in the password field. I'd then click "Write Configuration". I then get the "YubiKey could not be configured. Perhaps protected with configuration protection access code?" Error message.

I take it it's something I'm doing wrong can you please help me.

Robert…

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, You VIP Yubikey is protected with an access code in order to avoid customer to accidentally delete their VIP configuration.

Both configs are protected with the serial number left padded to 12 digits [e.g. 1909500 have a config password of '000001909500' entered into the hex field in the config tool].

VIP keys with a serial of less than 1900000 are programmed the old way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:46 am 

Tom wrote:
Yes, You VIP Yubikey is protected with an access code in order to avoid customer to accidentally delete their VIP configuration.

Both configs are protected with the serial number left padded to 12 digits [e.g. 1909500 have a config password of '000001909500' entered into the hex field in the config tool].

VIP keys with a serial of less than 1900000 are programmed the old way.
Thank you for that, I managed to get my Yubikey programmed the way I want it with the help of some independent documentation online.

The only thing now is that the activation between slot 1 and slot 2 is much faster than is documented. Slot 1 activates almost instantly. Slot 2 activates after two seconds not the 5 seconds. After 5 seconds the key deactivates. Does this sound correct, it is something that I have got used to in the last day or so where only occasionally I will generate slot 2 in error but that is easily corrected.

Robert…

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have a new version. After doing some testing we felt that for everyday Yubikey user it is very comfortable to have a fast triggering of the output.
If your Yubikey is emitting immediately output 1 and in 2-3 seconds output 2 then it is working as intended. With practice and experience this will make your login operation 2 seconds shorter.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:20 pm 

Quote:
Thank you for that, I managed to get my Yubikey programmed the way I want it with the help of some independent documentation online

I'm having the same problem. Tech support was no help. They replaced my Yubi keys, but the new keys have the same problem. Where is the independent documentation you used to solve this problem?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TucsonTom could you provide us with your Support Ticket code?

Thank you.