Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:31 am 

Hi All, I have been using successfully a Yubikey Neo with my Google accounts and Chrome on Linux for a long time.

The latest major Firefox upgrade "Quantum" (or version 57) should support U2F devices, e.g. I can successfully log in to GitHub. However, when I try logging in into my Google account, at the stage where I should insert my Yubikey ( https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/challenge/sk?...) I almost immediately get a box saying:

Quote:
Something went wrong. Remove your Security Key and try again. [TRY AGAIN] [TRY ANOTHER WAY]

Any suggestions?

G.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Google login won't work on Firefox

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Crypt ... F_WebAuthn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:41 am 

@ChrisHalos you sound like there is no hope. The page you've referenced only says it is not working at the moment, that is my same finding. Is there anything else suggesting it won't work in the future? Perhaps Google has been boycotting Yubikey + Firefox in the past? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:47 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Both Mozilla and Google are aware of the issue. That's all I can say at this point :) No ETA on a fix.

Interestingly enough, that Mozilla page lumps Google and Facebook into the same issue (not related to the user agent), but changing the user agent to Chrome actually allows Facebook and U2F to work in Firefox Quantum (I've confirmed both registering a U2F device and logging in with a U2F device).

The U2F demo page does work without changing the user agent (demo.yubico.com/u2f) - I haven't tried the other various U2F demo sites out there, however.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 pm 

I started a discussion on the Google forums a couple of days ago about this. Sounds like Mozilla has some work to do for the Google side of this.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/gmail/TG8ZMM1ZZaM/N7N42xzSBQAJ