Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm 

Dear Friends,

I have spent the past 8 hours trying to load my Yubikey 4, in order to provide the requested security from sites I deal with.

No matter what I try I am unable to make it function correctly.

I am not really computer savvy, so if possible I would sincerely appreciate help with my seemingly insurmountable task!

Kind regards,

David :roll:

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:43 pm 

Hi David,

Could you try explain what you are trying to achieve? It is a little unclear what you mean by "in order to provide the requested security from sites I deal with". Yubikey 4 does support a range of different ways to provide security so I need to know a little more before I can guide you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 pm 

Hello Julemand . . .

Thank you for replying. My problem is as follows . . .

I have spent over 12 hours trying to make the Yubikey work to no avail. I have tried every possible source on the net and cannot find any guide that starts with a “step 1” so to speak. Desperately need some advice so I can proceed and use the key. Please help!!

Inserted the key and it said no credential added –

Tried the demo to set credentials as explained at demo.yubico.com and it worked without any problems.

Tried to set credentials on the Yubico Authenticator and it was a completely different platform to set credentials asking for a secret key, etc.

So assuming I need to set my credentials in order to use the key, how do I do this?

I need this for 2FA on Bitstamp and other sites.

Also, noted the “personalization tool” and is this the necessary first step??? For Bitstamp and other sites I assume I need the OTP mode?? Please clarify.

I had tried to add a credential for Bitstamp and followed the instructions in the User’s Guide (2016 Yubico) on page 11 and this did not work either.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
David

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Open Yubico Authenticator and make sure the app isn't covering the QR code displayed in your Bitstamp account (https://www.bitstamp.net/article/update ... uthentica/). From Yubico Authenticator, File > Scan QR code.