Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:55 am 

Greetings,

I bought myself 2 Yubikeys few weeks ago, and while both are working nicely on USB2 ports, one of them only flashes ~4hz whenever connected to USB3. PC is a GA-6PXSV1 'Etron' with E5, the 'weird' key flashes regardless the OS Win 7/9 and RedHat 6.4 64bits. Currently, I have no other PC with USB3 to test but it's really bothering since one works perfectly on USB3 of the same PC.

any help appreciated.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello NalMann

As you pointed out it is a really awkward behavior. As most of the Keyboards the Yubikey is a USB1/2 device but it works on a USB3 which has backwards compatibility.

Time to time we hear report of USB3 port not functioning with the Yubikey and often is related to a mechanical or interface issue very specific to the user and it is hard to pin point the issue.

First, i'd like to suggest you to research who is the producer of your USB interface and install the latest driver (often is NEC).
Second, i would like to know the firmware version of the Yubikeys you bought. Do you have a USB hub? can you plug the hub in the USB3 port and then plug the Yubikey in the HUB? Does it work in this configuration?
Third, let us know the results so we can try to investigate more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:07 pm 

USB3 is by Etron, with latest drivers installed.

Firmware is 2.3.3 unfortunately I have no USB3 hub.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:11 pm 

I have this same problem with all of my Yubikeys. I have all the latest drivers too. I have no hubs to test, what I can say is my USB3 ports work with absolutely everything else. Not a single problem until I come to use the Yubikey in them. Also, the problem seems mainly surrounding U2F only. Even challenge and response works. I have a ticket out, I do not recall if I added this detail though.