Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:54 am 

Hello, I'm trying to configure a Nano yubikey for U2F only (for now). I've successfully done it and it works on gmail. My problem is rather simple. The LED on the key keeps blinking twice every 2 seconds and it's quite annoying since the key is staying plugged in. From the doc, I gather it is because none of my 2 configuration slots are configured (which is what I want, U2F only for now). Is there a way to make the LED turn off except when an application (Chrome) requests a U2F challenge response? I've tried to configure slot 1, but all it does it turn the LED to always on when connected, not what I wanted.

Can't seem to find documentation on this anywhere. Thanks.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE56jonuCos

Follow this to reset your YubiKey. Remember to press upload to Yubico at the end

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:12 pm 

The LED behaviour can be inverted using the personalization tool. Just program one slot and invert the LED.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:10 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

If you're just trying to set your YubiKey 4 Nano to U2F, why not disable OTP and CCID using the YubiKey NEO Manager? The 4 would then be in U2F-only mode, and the LED won't blink unless it's being queried for U2F.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:50 pm 

asdf345 wrote:
The LED behaviour can be inverted using the personalization tool. Just program one slot and invert the LED.

but what IS the bahavior in the first place, I see no info button in the config tool.

ChrisHalos wrote:
If you're just trying to set your YubiKey 4 Nano to U2F, why not disable OTP and CCID using the YubiKey NEO Manager? The 4 would then be in U2F-only mode, and the LED won't blink unless it's being queried for U2F.

well if at the download section it would state that the neo tool works with the 4 it might help, co zppl might think it's neo only because if the name.