Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:39 am 

Hello, Just a little post to add my experience.
Yubikey NEO Work well with NFC With Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F with CyanogenMod 13.0 20160214 NIGHTLY, Android 6.0.1

i had some trouble at the beginning, but after update to last NYGHTLY, it work well
i use Yubinote and soon Openkeychain for PGP

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:05 pm 

Just bought a Yubikey Neo to use with my LG G4. Running stock Android from the carrier (T-Mobile), upgraded to 6.0 recently.

I need to hold my Yubikey at a specific angle and place it directly on-top of the NFC reader (easy to locate if you take the cover off).

Once I figured out the angle and location the Neo works perfectly, pretty much instant recognition, every time. I have only tried OTP to open up a page in Chrome and Logging into lastPass but both work.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:10 pm 

Yubikey NEO has been tested with the NFC function and is working with the following Devices:

1.Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) on 6.0.1
2.Samsung Galaxy Note4 (SM-N910C) on 6.0.1
3.Samsung Galaxy Note5 (SM-N920C) on 6.0.1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:34 pm 

Works fine with Moto X Style / Moto X Pure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:51 pm 

Has anyone managed to get the NEO working with a HTC 10 phone and the YubiClip app? I'm having no luck it detecting the NEO with NFC. I've taken the NEO off my keyring and removed the case from my phone, then I'm holding it over the NFC antenna (to the left and right of and directly over the rear camera lens). I've tried different angles, the best I can do is to get the phone to half make the NFC noise (the kind of noise where it's detected an NFC tag but it's not quite read it!), but nothing is ever copied to the clipboard.

NFC on the phone definitely works for Android Pay and other NFC tags that I have, just no luck with the NEO!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:26 pm 

Yubico OTP work great with Lastpass on a Sony Xperia Z5 dual (E6633, Android 6.0), probably with any member of the Z5 family.
Works through a silicon case, the Yubikey must be placed on the NFC logo at the back of the phone.

Hope that's useful to someone !

Mathieu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:46 pm 

Hello,

Also tested U2F NFC authentication to Github with the same Z5, works like a charm.

Mathieu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:53 pm 

My brand-new NEO works (just barely) with my Galaxy Note 7. I have to run the Yubikey around on the back of the phone for the better part of a minute before it gets recognized.

:cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:57 am 

Works great on Motorola Photon Q (XT897c) running CyanogenMod 12.1-20151007 (tested YubiClip and Yubico Authenticator). It reads the NEO even with about a half-inch air-gap between the devices.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:46 am 

indie1982 wrote:
Has anyone managed to get the NEO working with a HTC 10 phone and the YubiClip app? I'm having no luck it detecting the NEO with NFC. I've taken the NEO off my keyring and removed the case from my phone, then I'm holding it over the NFC antenna (to the left and right of and directly over the rear camera lens). I've tried different angles, the best I can do is to get the phone to half make the NFC noise (the kind of noise where it's detected an NFC tag but it's not quite read it!), but nothing is ever copied to the clipboard.

NFC on the phone definitely works for Android Pay and other NFC tags that I have, just no luck with the NEO!

I've been using it successfully for a month with both Yubiclip and Authenticator. I use Clip as the default application and then launch Authenticator when I need it. Strangely enough I came looking to this forum, because it just stopped completely. No indication whatsoever that the key is being detected. Not a whimper. You do have the right spot for the antenna. It had been working on first touch after a bit of practice. I have used an NFC mobile payment app successfully too, so I know my NFC works. Really frustrating! Not sure if it's some combination of incompatible version updates or what.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next