Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:47 am 

It's very frustrating, it focuses, does nothing, goes blurry, re-focuses, does nothing ... on and on, no QR scan. No joy.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to set up the app without scanning the QR-code ?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:25 am 

I had the same issue too, it is quite difficult to load a secret using the QR code.
However you can also use the yubico desktop authenticator utility (in windows or Linux) to load the secret onto your neo (assuming it is provided in addition to the QR code).

Hope thsi helps, Erik...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds more of a problem with your QR scan code app or phone.

Did you tried using a different app for scanning codes? (that is not part of the Yubico authenticator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:31 pm 

Not sure whather android is the only platform you use but you may want to consider using the yubioath desktop app which is available for both windows & linux.
With this utility you can set the entry name as well as the secret (Google authetication 2FA offer to list the actual secret code alongside the QR code).
And yes - the android app is able to use this code as well as the yubioath desktop app.
IMHO inserting your secrets with the yubioath desktop app is way more accurate than scanning the QR code which to me appears to be more of a hit or miss process with (in my case) a failure rate of 75% - more often than not I was unable to insert the QR secret on my yubikey NEO.
With the yubioath desktop I had no such issues at all.
Admittingly the bad performance may be caused by bad camera hard- and/or software but for me it was just too much of a pain to find out which software is usefull.
On top of that I actually requested such codes uinsg my desktop computer so the yubiauth app is therefore by definition way more convenient.
So my advice is: just try this yubiauth desktop app.

Kind regards, Erikie...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:19 am 

What a relief to read that other have the same experience. I do not have a fix, when i opened a ticket a tech named Chris replied that my Neo Yubikey arrived fully functional with Last Pass and that he is confused by my question and forwarded me a link to the operating instruction I had been studying for day or two already. He did not acknowledge that the Yubikey instructions require I download the Yubi authentication to read the QR code on my Yubikey Neo. After 45 minutes of scanning the only results when it did capture the QR code was the downloading of some Game of warcraft from Play. this happened repeatedly. After this happening over and over and no other instruction or even a pay tech support line I manually entered the Neo's serial number and then 20 character password earlier generated when provisioning the key.

The fact that these questions were not addressed and I was sent a link to the Last Pass operating manual left me wondering why I spent over $50 on a NFC device that will not cause any reaction to the Yubikey after repeated reading of the instructions, waiting a day, resets and repeats. and there is no support other than "I am confused by your question" from someone who appears to be done addressing ( or not) my NFC issue which is why I bought this thing. No dissrespect, ESOP 9 equipment superior to operator) and a good reset cures most issues but I don't care for e-mail blurbs and not even a chance to speak to someone, even on my dime. It looks like a great platform.

Casey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:29 am 

So no body found a way to make the Neo work with Android NFC's? I see others with the same issue and 2 work arounds but it is advertised as taping the expensive key as opposed to the less expensive one and Last Pass will function with my password. Am I incorrect? Thanks for your time.Maybe this is geared for companies and multiple sales. Not the individual.