Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:00 pm 

I have a Moto G5Plus with the Yubico Authenticator installed from the play store. It works well with gpg (OpenKeyChain) to encrypt, sign and more. However it fails 99 out of a 100 tries to get TOTP codes over NFC with the Yubico Authenticator. Google Authenticator support for u2f works well with Android Chrome. The only thing nearly never working is the Yubico Authenticator. Using my Yubikey Neo on my MacBook Pro however both gpg and TOTP work fine over USB. So NFC seems to work flawless. I bought a Neo for the NFC and TOTP codes.

Please help!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm 

oranki wrote:
I have a Moto G5Plus with the Yubico Authenticator installed from the play store. It works well with gpg (OpenKeyChain) to encrypt, sign and more. However it fails 99 out of a 100 tries to get TOTP codes over NFC with the Yubico Authenticator. Google Authenticator support for u2f works well with Android Chrome. The only thing nearly never working is the Yubico Authenticator. Using my Yubikey Neo on my MacBook Pro however both gpg and TOTP work fine over USB. So NFC seems to work flawless. I bought a Neo for the NFC and TOTP codes.

Please help!

I also occasionally get NFC is disabled messages and running NXP's TagInfo before Yubico Authenticator actually improves the change of getting the Yubico Authenticator to work.