Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm 

Update. Apparently I only need to uninstall MiniDriver software from "Program and Features" or run the following command with admin privileges "rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 %ProgramData%\Yubico\ykmd\ykmd.inf", then after reboot Yubikey working normally again. No need to uninstall driver from device manager.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:04 pm 

Thanks for digging that up. In the end I couldn't get the device working without also uninstalling the Smart card device from Device Manager, scraping the Yubico driver out of the driver store and rebooting.

Things seem to be working now. I blacklisted the hardware id in group policy device installation restrictions, which will hopefully keep the new driver off my machines for now.

Yubico: Your driver is broken. Please fix it or pull it from WU. See ticket 23172 for details. My firmware version is 4.3.1.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 am 

@mainpony: I'm having the same problem and I've tried uninstalling the driver, uninstalling the smart card device and rebooting, but when I plug Yubikey in again, the same version of the driver gets installed and things don't work.

How exactly do you scrape the driver from the driver store and keep Windows from installing it?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:12 pm 

Hi,
as suggested by Yubico support "you can use the Microsoft Show/Hide utility linked below to block the update / installation of the YubiKey Smart Card Minidriver and revert back to the Microsoft Built-In driver for previous functionality."

Microsoft Show / Hide Updates tool.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -in-window

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 pm 

bozho wrote:
@mainpony: I'm having the same problem and I've tried uninstalling the driver, uninstalling the smart card device and rebooting, but when I plug Yubikey in again, the same version of the driver gets installed and things don't work.

How exactly do you scrape the driver from the driver store and keep Windows from installing it?

Thank you!

Try only uninstall Minidriver Software from Programs and Features, leave driver in Device Manager and reboot PC.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 pm 

bozho wrote:

Uninstalling from Programs and features as Sas suggested is critical (+ reboot). I also had to uninstall devices and then used Driver Store Explorer to verify that the Yubico driver is gone. I disconnected from network before plugging in the Yubikey so the WU driver didn't get re-downloaded on plug, but using the Hide/Show tool suggested above should work too.

edit: I can confirm that uninstalling from Progams and features is sufficient, as the WU driver appeared on another machine that was previously working. The need for a more thorough uninstall on the first machine was probably the result of earlier attempts to get the Yubikey working again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:49 pm 

Can confirm that going to Device Manager, doing a driver roll-back in properties (on the smart card device), uninstalling the minidriver from Programs and Features, unplugging and reinserting the Yubikey instantly restored functionality. Smart card logons are working as is "certutil -scinfo".

The new driver appears to be pretty broken for Windows 10.

(I'm running Windows 10 /1709 Build 16299.19 )

Cross post with another related thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2757&p=9901#p9901

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:26 am 

I have issues on win8.1 on a yubi 4 nano too. using the minidriver win win7/8.1 I also cant get my certs anymore working with EIDAuthenticate (the only software I have right now that can do anything with smartcards).

and this is honestly pretty sad as EC keys are only supported by the minidriver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm 

The issue keeps haunting us. Driver keeps reinstalling on the Windows 10 machine spontaneously. Did anyone found reliable method of preventing this driver from self-installing?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:47 pm 
Yubico Moderator
Yubico Moderator

Please review the following forum post for more information.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2764

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next