Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 am 

Hello all,

I just received my Neo and am trying to set it up for Gmail. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I need to unlock it first following the "Unlocking U2F on a YubiKey" Guide.

Well I have tried on 3 different machines and each time the pkg installation fails on the final/wrap up screen. Is anyone else encountering this issue? Is there any alternative to unlocking it or getting it working for Gmail without this tool?

Thanks in advance everyone!!

EDIT:

Was able to fix this by unlocking using the command line tool with ykpersonalize -m6

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:24 am 

I've had the same issues installing yubikey-neo-manager-0.2.2-mac.pkg on OS 10.10 (Yosemite). Installation succeeds on Mavericks.

The installer log reports the following:

Oct 24 11:21:17 gadgetAir2.fritz.box installd[641]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Oct 24 11:21:19 gadgetAir2.fritz.box installd[641]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “yubikey-neo-manager-0.2.2-mac.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fb089500f20 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/gadget/Downloads/yubikey-neo-manager-0.2.2-mac.pkg#YubiKey_NEO_Manager.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.yubico.pkg.YubiKeyNEOManager, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “yubikey-neo-manager-0.2.2-mac.pkg”.} {
NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cyubikey-neo-manager-0.2.2-mac.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/gadget/Downloads/yubikey-neo-manager-0.2.2-mac.pkg#YubiKey_NEO_Manager.pkg";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.yubico.pkg.YubiKeyNEOManager";
}
Oct 24 11:21:19 gadgetAir2.fritz.box Installer[19990]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Oct 24 11:21:19 gadgetAir2.fritz.box Installer[19990]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Oct 24 11:21:19 gadgetAir2.fritz.box Installer[19990]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:52 pm 

If the issue here is that YubiKey Neo Manager installation fails on Yosemite, then this issue has not been resolved. Would be nice if the folks at Yubico could post back here when an update supporting Yosemite has been released.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, test new version 0.2.4 pkg and let us know.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:37 pm 

Yes! That installs fine and works perfectly.

Thank You
Paul