Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:01 pm 

Project name: Yubikey Puppet Module

License: GNU GPL v2

Description: Need to manage large deployments using Yubikeys? Why not use Puppet (or Puppet Enterprise). I've written a module to manage the PAM libraries, as well as the keys and users.

Platforms: I've tested it on Centos 6/7 and Ubuntu 1404, should work on other Ubuntu versions.

Webpage: https://forge.puppetlabs.com/ncorrare/yubikey

Overview

This module installs, configures and assigns Yubikeys in a system.

Module Description

The module installs the yubico PAM libraries that enable using yubikeys as a supported authentication method. Using the default variables it will enable system wide yubikey authentication for all users defined using the yubikey::key type. It assumes a default PAM configuration, but for complex environments the setup can be adjusted.

Setup

What yubikey affects
The PAM yubico libraries will be installed from either the distribution repo or Yubico's depending on the Linux Distribution.
As default, it will be configured as sufficient authentication before the PAM Unix module. Please review your PAM configuration.
As with any PAM change, it is strongly suggested to test it with a shell open, since it may lock you out of the system.
Beginning with yubikey
To configure a system, begin with adding the class.

Quote:
class profile::yubikey {
include ::yubikey
}

Usage

The module will install the require bits, and update the PAM configuration to have yubikey as a "sufficient" authentication method, before pam_unix.so (i.e. before user/password). By default, it will also enable debugging. Consider editing the arguments for production systems:

Quote:
class { '::yubikey::config' :
arguments => ['id=16']
}

For other arguments, or using with the Yubico Radius, please check the documentation on which parameters to use on https://developers.yubico.com/yubico-pam/ .

To configure a user, define a new key:

Quote:
yubikey::key { 'username' :
token => 'token'
homedir => 'homedir'
group => 'group'
}

Where token is the Yubikey token ID. So far it only accepts a string and not an array. This will create a new file in the user's home directory (that you should provide) in a given path (~/.yubico/authorized_yubikeys) with the authorization mapping.

Reference

The ::yubikey::config class accepts the following variables:

$arguments: Array. Defaults to ['debug','id=16']. Arguments are documented in https://developers.yubico.com/yubico-pam/ .
$service: Array. Defaults to system-auth & password-auth in RedHat systems and common-auth in Ubuntu systems. Depending on your implementation, you might want to have yubikey authentication on a particular service (like sshd) so check your distribution documentation on how PAM is configured for your system.
$control: Defaults to 'sufficient'. Again, depending on your setup, you may want to add other authentication controls. Refer to the PAM documentation. Module will accept requisite, required, sufficient or optional.
$beforemod: Defaults to 'pam_unix.so'. Works with most default PAM setups.
Limitations

So far this has only been tested in Ubuntu and Centos. Should work in RHEL, Fedora, and Debian. Please test it and let me know. It only supports one key per user so far. Also do know that this code is not endorsed by Yubico in any way, so use it at your own risk.

Development

Regular rules apply, clone, PR, and I'll have a look. Generally on irc (#puppet and others on Freenode), my nick is sgtpepper so feel free to contact me if you have any doubts.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+