Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm 

I'm making a top-level post about this, because the question seems to have gone unanswered. Thanks to Neal and the others in the thread "YubiRadius 3.5 - problems authenticating users" for the work they did on this.

Neal wrote:
I'm having issues with special chars in passwords. If any of these symbols are in a password then authentication always fails via the YubiRadius virtual appliance: ¬ £ % & + \

However all others I have tried work fine: ` ! " $ ^ * ( ) _ - = | { } [ ] : @ ~ ; ' # < > ? , . /

I get the failure via the troubleshooting page in the YubiRadius server which checks the password via LDAP on my SBS 2003 domain controller. Windows logins and webmail logins work fine with any of these chars so I believe it is something within the YubiRadius that is not handling these chars properly, not something in the LDAP/SBS end.

Has anyone else seen this problem or can anyone else report that these special chars are working for them?

Cheers, Neal.

I am having a similar problem with 3.5.1, although in my case, it appeared that the - was also not working. I haven't gone back and tested once I got a password that works.

This was confusing, because from the Troubleshooting tab in the YubiRadius GUI, the + and - characters that I was using worked fine, and those have to be HTTP encoded, don't they? At least submitting to the GUI uses HTTP. But as soon as I tried the same password from a Juniper box over Radius, the passwords were not accepted (and showed up as incorrect password errors in the YubiRadius log).

Can there be a fix for this? Is there anything else I can help provide to debug the problem?

Thanks,

Kevin

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Hello,

All known special characters issues are resolved in the latest release YubiRADIUS Virtual Appliance version 3.5.3 (to the extent those special characters are supported by various dependent modules e.g. FreeRADIUS does not support \ in RADIUS shared secret)

Please refer the following link for the latest version of YubiRADIUS Virtual Appliance:

http://yubico.com/yubiradius

Hope this helps!

Thanks and best regards,
Samir.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm 

Great! I didn't realize the new version was out.

Thanks,

Kevin