Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 am 

Hey everyone, maybe someone has experienced the same and has a hint as of what I can do.

I have two Yubikeys (standard and VIP) and I use Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.1. May hard drive is encrypted with Apples FileVault2. Which requires the password to be entered prior to booting the OS itself.
When turning the Mac on, a log-in-screen appears. Here I can enter the Password, and Lion boots.

I have configured both Yubikeys with a static password in slot 2, which has fourteen character consistent of large and small letters and numbers; no special characters.

When I press and hold the button of the Yubikey at the authentication screen, only nine out of the fourteen characters are entered and authentification fails. I have no way of seeing which ones are left out. If I enter the password manually I get logged in.

When I check the Yubikey in a text file when the system is booted, I receive all fourteen characters.

Does anybody have an idea, why the FV2 log-in-screen does either not accept the fourteen characters from the stick, or why the stick does not emit this at the pre-booting stage of the MacBook.

Thank you and best regards,

GByte

Last edited by gbyte on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 am 

Okay, the solution is as simple as obvious.

By the looks of it, the FileVault2 login-screen can not handle the speed of the password being released from the stick. Therefore I slowed down the output character rate by 60 ms (can be done in the YubiKey Personalization Tool -> Settings -> Output speed throttling).

Working like a charm now and I hope this solution might help others too.

Best regards,

GByte