Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm 

I did a quick search and didn't see any existing topics I could post this in.

I'm using the PAM module along with Radius and LDAP to authenticate users on a VPN. Radius is configured to use the Linux PAM system.

The Radius PAM entry is configured to use two factor authentication (unix_password + otp). This is done by using the yubico PAM to authenticate the OTP, then passing the remainder of the password to common-auth which checks with LDAP. The username/yubikeyid mapping is done with an authfile.

This all works just fine.

I ran into trouble when I tried to move the mapping into LDAP. Upon specifying the required parameters (ldapserver, ldapdn, user_attr, yubi_attr) the authentication failed and my log file contained the following:
Code:
[pam_yubico.c:pam_sm_authenticate(541)] ykclient return value (0): Success
[pam_yubico.c:authorize_user_token_ldap(255)] ldap-dn: cn=mytest,ou=people,dc=pwturbolink,dc=com
[pam_yubico.c:authorize_user_token_ldap(256)] ldap-filter: (yubikeyid=*)
[pam_yubico.c:authorize_user_token_ldap(262)] ldap_search_ext_s: No such object
[pam_yubico.c:pam_sm_authenticate(568)] Yubikey not authorized to login as user
[pam_yubico.c:pam_sm_authenticate(583)] done. [Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info]

The ldap_search_ext_s: No such object error indicates that it authenticated and performed a search just fine and came back with nothing. Upong inserting the same search criteria into a python script I wrote for testing, I received the same results.

I began to play around and noticed that if I used the following criteria, I was able to retrieve the necessary data:

Code:
baseDN = "ou=people,dc=pwturbolink,dc=com"
searchFilter = "(&(cn=mytest)(yubikeyid=*))"

I rewrote the authorize_user_token_ldap to reflect these changes and did not receive an error from ldap_search_ext_s. I was about to rewrite the code the parses that results when I realized this probably isn't the way to go.

Does anybody else have the mapping stored in LDAP working "out of the box"? Have I mis-configured LDAP somehow?

EDIT: I almost forgot. My very first attempt yielded a "Protocol Error" from ldap_simple_bind_s. I had to add the following lines to move past it:
Code:
int ldap_version = LDAP_VERSION3;

<after the call to ldap_init>

ldap_set_option( ld, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, &ldap_version);

Last edited by dave_marsh_pw on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 pm 

Server Information that is typically requested:

1) OS: Ubuntu 9.10
2) Yubico PAM Version: 2.2
3) LDAP: 2.4.18
4) /etc/pam.d/RADIUSD
Code:
auth required /lib/security/pam_yubico.so id=1 key=eraser debug url=http://localhost/yubico/val/verify?id=%d&otp=%s ldapserver=127.0.0.1 ldapdn=ou=people,dc=pwturbolink,dc=com user_attr=cn yubi_attr=yubikeyid

@include common-auth
@include common-account
@include common-password
@include common-session

5) Installed my own validation server