|Unable to log in to the forum? (lost access to YubiKey, etc)
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ChrisHalos [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Unable to log in to the forum? (lost access to YubiKey, etc)|
If you lost access to the YubiKey associated to your forum account, you can recover access to your account without assistance from a Yubico employee (in fact, we don't have the ability to get you back into your account should you lose access). We can't reset your password for you, and we can't temporarily disable the YubiKey requirement on your account selectively.
So, if you can't access your account due to misplaced/broken YubiKey, etc., do the following:
(1) go to the login page of the forum
(2) Enter your username and password, leave the YubiKey OTP field blank, and click Login. You should see the following option added to the login page
(3) Click Reset YubiKey preferences. You should see the following screen
(4) Enter your Username and registered E-mail address and click Submit. An e-mail will be sent to your registered e-mail address, assuming the username and address combination is correct.
(5) Click on the link, which will remove the Yubico OTP requirement on your forum account.
(6) Return to the login page and login with your username and password.
(7) Click on User Control Panel at the top right.
(8) Click on Profile on the left.
(9) Click on YubiKey Manager on the left.
(10) In YubiKey Manager, you have the ability to:
- delete the registered YubiKey(s) you no longer have access to
- register a new YubiKey
- enable or disable the requirement for a YubiKey to log in
By resetting the YubiKey preferences on your account, the YubiKey(s) continue to be registered to your account, but the Yubico OTP requirement is no longer enabled, so you can simply continue logging in with your username and password only. We recommend re-enabling the OTP requirement for your protection, but it is an option.
Note about the OTP requirement to create a forum account
Yubico has removed the Yubico OTP requirement to create a new forum account in the past, but when this is done, a large amount of SPAM is generated on the forum. To minimize this, we have the requirement to provide a valid Yubico OTP credential when you create a new account. We understand, however, that there are cases where a community member would like to post questions/comments that don't currently own a YubiKey, or do not wish to have a Yubico OTP credential on their YubiKey.
If you would like an account but don't have access to a valid Yubico OTP credential, you can simply contact the support team at yubi.co/support and request that we create an account for you. Please provide the following information:
- Your preferred username
- The e-mail address you want the account registered to (for self-service reset, like the process documented above)
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 1 hour|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group