Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 pm 

I just got a new laptop that I ordered especially with NFC. Not that USB is hard, but I was hoping to use NFC for authenticating my LastPass app.

When I touch the NEO to the NFC reader, Windows 8.1 asks me "Receive content? Tap to receive content from another device". I then click this notification which brings me to a Yubico notification page saying congrats I have authenticated. I cannot get it to act as a keyboard like it does with my Android phone. I did some looking on here and only found one thread viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1187&hilit=NFC which mentioned that the Windows 8 NFC stack is broken and that I need to force to one communication method.

Does anyone have any information on using a NEO via NFC with a full Windows 8 / 8.1 computer?

If curious, I am using a Lenovo T440s with a Broadcom NFC reader.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

I did a little investigation on it. Its a broadcom chip and it doesnt looks like you can use it for as a smartcard reader without a proper mini driver.

HOWEVER, when you see that receive content it is exactly what you need for lastpass. It should pop the browser and send you to a demo page by default.

It grabs the Yubico OTP so follow the configuration for lastpass and it should work.

Tom.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 am 

Tom wrote:
Hello,

I did a little investigation on it. Its a broadcom chip and it doesnt looks like you can use it for as a smartcard reader without a proper mini driver.

HOWEVER, when you see that receive content it is exactly what you need for lastpass. It should pop the browser and send you to a demo page by default.

It grabs the Yubico OTP so follow the configuration for lastpass and it should work.

Tom.

I saw your message a few days back but haven't had a chance to dedicate time to testing. I tried a few things, no go yet, but will do some more investigation and report back with success/failure.

In the meantime, if anyone else has input on this, please feel free to share.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:35 pm 

Tried all options in LastPass with no success. When Yubikey NEO is touched to the sensor on a Lenovo Helix, I experience the exact same issue as reported, where it opens the demo page an states that I have successfully authenticated with the YubiKey. Yet, Lastpass does not see the input as HID input.

Any other ideas?