Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Appart from support for the new 2.1 Yubikey, we've added a simplified function for upload of re-configured Yubikeys to the Yubico validation server. On repeated requests, we've also made a simplified static key configuration.

http://www.yubico.com/developers/personalization/

Please let me know what you think about it and if we're moving in the right direction or not...

Also for Mac users - don't forget to check out the new Mac OS X configuration tool

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=441

Regards,

JakobE
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 am 

I just got my next batch of 100 Yubukey's, tried to program one and got:

Code:
Yubikey core error: unsupported firmware version

I see new keys have firmware version 2.1. This isn't supported by http://code.google.com/p/yubikey-personalization/. By isn't supported, I mean I am using the latest released version, and there aren't any updates in SVN waiting for release.

I can't deploy these things until I can run my little home grown customisation program to configure them. So, is it OK to modify ykcore.c to accept the new version and re-compile it? I don't care about the new features. I just want to deploy them in their 2.0 mode.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 am 

Hello,
same issue here with Linux and just arrived Yubikeys. Any update?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Please refer to the following forum post for updates:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=441

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:06 pm 

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue as rstuart4133 and maddler. I can't personalize the my new YubiKey v 2.1 using the Linux tools.
When can we expect an software update? Is there another way that I can personalize my YubiKey v 2.1?

Regards,
Egbert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 am 

Sorry, I should have replied earlier and saved you guys a bit of angst. The reply I received from Yubico was: use Windows. They didn't answer my question. Since the worst I could do was blow up a YubiKey I decided to patch the code as I suggested above and see if it worked. It did work.

I notice that a new version of the Linux personalisation tools has since appeared on http://code.google.com/p/yubikey-personalization/ some 5 days ago, on Saturday. As far as I can tell the only material change is the change I asked about. That means ykpers-1.2 doesn't handle the new feature of 2.1 firmware - OATH-HOTP. It also means we have been waiting for over month for them to make a 2 line change.

Fedora has released new rpm's for 1.2. Debian hasn't as yet, but I have created some. You can find them here: http://www.stuart.id.au/russell/files/debian.