Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm 

howdy all

I've had a substantial amount of trouble getting either the vmware image or the OVF converted into any libvirt supported image format in order to boot the virtual appliance in KVM.

Has anyone else used the YubiRadius VA in anything other than VMware that might be able to assist?

I have tried using both version 3.5 and 3.5.1 on both vmware images and the OVF image, but all 4 tests result in me getting nowhere. .

I have tried the below for the OVF download, and this completely fails to convert. .

# qemu-img convert -r -O raw Other_Linux_2.6.x_kernel-disk1.vmdk yubiradius.img.
qemu-img: error while reading sector 131072: Invalid argument
#

however, I have tried this with the vmware download, this boots but it bombs out as soon as it gets to grub

# qemu-img convert -f vmdk Other Linux 2.6.x kernel-s001.vmdk -O raw yubiradius-s01.img
# qemu-img convert -f vmdk Other Linux 2.6.x kernel-s002.vmdk -O raw yubiradius-s02.img
# qemu-img convert -f vmdk Other Linux 2.6.x kernel-s003.vmdk -O raw yubiradius-s03.img
# cat yubiradius-s0*.img >> yubiradius.img

any takers for this one?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

At this time we only support VMware and OVF images.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 pm 

Hi

That is what I understand as well, however the ovf image that is being provided in a vmware format. as a result, I am unable to use it.

the purpose of ovf is to be generic and allow it to be imported into all virtualization technologies. I just want to verify that it is possible as the usual methods of importing an image isn't working.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:33 am 

On CentOS 6.3, I was able to convert the VMWare image by using a single qemu-img command listing all 3 input files (in order) and then the output file:

qemu-img convert -f vmdk "Other Linux 2.6.x kernel-s001.vmdk" "Other Linux 2.6.x kernel-s002.vmdk" "Other Linux 2.6.x kernel-s003.vmdk" -O raw yubiradius.img

The resulting .img fired right up in kvm. The included kernel has drivers for virtio block and network.

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 am 

thanks kevbo

So you got it working using the VMware image. thanks for confirming

I was working with a friend on this and basically we confirmed that the OVF image provided by Yubico, not only was massively corrupted, but was not an OVF image at all...

We are in the process of rebuilding it how it "should" be done and submitting it back to Yubico for replacement.

Thanks for posting. Its great to have a straight forward command for other users to use when trying to do this in KVM themselves.

Dale