Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:20 pm 

dain wrote:

That looks sane to me.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

a minor patch for the Yubico Authenticator Desktop version should fix the systray bug.
https://github.com/Yubico/yubioath-desktop

Test it out if you can.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 pm 

Tom2 wrote:
a minor patch for the Yubico Authenticator Desktop version should fix the systray bug.
https://github.com/Yubico/yubioath-desktop

Test it out if you can.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what the systray bug is but this version still isn't working at all once a password is set.

Code:

$ python yubico_authenticator.py   --disable-systray
list of readers
<function readers at 0x7f857cfd8320>
using reader
Yubico Yubikey NEO CCID 00 00
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "yubico_authenticator.py", line 232, in <module>
    password, ok = QtGui.QInputDialog.getText(self, "Password", "Password:", QtGui.QLineEdit.Password)
NameError: name 'self' is not defined
Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'disconnect'",) in <bound method PCSCCardConnection.__del__ of <smartcard.pcsc.PCSCCardConnection.PCSCCardConnection object at 0x7f857cfdee90>> ignored

And given that my password is still the pre-KitKat rendering of "naïve ♡" I doubt it was going to work even if it *did* manage to prompt me for the password without crashing :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm 

https://github.com/Yubico/yubioath-desktop/pull/18

This fixes the password handling, at least. Now I can authenticate. I do have to use systray mode because the --disable-systray mode crashes on asking for a password. as shown above. And in systray mode, it took me a long time to work out that although clicking on the icon in the systray does nothing, I can right-click and choose 'Show Code' from the resulting menu.

And it still breaks when anything *else* talks to the Yubikey while it's running.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:44 pm 

I've pushed a couple more commits to my tree. The first just moves the handling of the Android PBKDF2 bug down into the unlock_applet() function, so we don't have to reproduce it in the --disable-systray code path. Sorry, I should have realised I was going to need to do that.

The second makes a start at making the --disable-systray code path actually work. Now authentication does work. It'll crash on seeing the non-existend "send_message()" function if anything goes wrong, and the main window doesn't actually do anything useful either. But it's a start...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The new version (0.1.10) of the Android app has been released and pushed to the Play store. I'll now consider my work on the topic completed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:34 pm 

dain wrote:
The new version (0.1.10) of the Android app has been released and pushed to the Play store. I'll now consider my work on the topic completed.

UPDATE: nevermind, fixed in 0.1.11 (I'd been testing 0.1.10). You can ignore the report below.

Dain - 0.1.0 seems to be crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S5 whenever it (successfully?) reads the Neo. I've sent in the crash report via the automated system. Luckily I also kept the credential I needed in slot 2 for YubiTOTP use. Here's a manual excerpt:

Exception class name
java.lang.ClassCastException

Source file
SharePreferencesImpl.java

Source Class
android.app.SharePreferencesImpl

Source method
getStringSet

Line number

beginning of stack trace (perhaps some typos in my transcription)
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.Set at android.app.SharedPreferencesImpl.getStringSet(SharedPreferencesImpl.java:232) at com.yubico.yubioath.c.a.a(Unknown Source) at com.yubico.yubioath.c.b.a(Unknown Source) at com.yubico.yubioath.c.b.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.yubico.yubioath.MainActivity.onNewIntenet...

Brendan

Last edited by brendanhoar on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 pm 

The crash I reported was fixed in 0.1.11 (released today). Thanks Dain!

Brendan