Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:20 pm 

I have followed a guide on setting up the Yubikey. That was a massive headache because my existing key appears to not have what the YK can take, so I made an RSA key at 4096/4096 and after getting into a mess with pin codes, confusion between PIV manager and not having information provided about changing pin codes via the openpgp command line, oh my. Any way that part is done.

As a sideline, can someone please tell me what happens if I or someone else were to try and decrypt something and use my pin incorrectly too much? What would happen and if anything is blocked, would the PIV manager resolve it so my YK4 is usable again?

So what is the process of now making use of my pgp key that is on the Yubikey? I walk up to a computer that has GPG4win on it... what do I do? Just plug in my YK4 and it just auto detects the presence of my key or something? I backed up the private and public keys that I newly generated and I have now removed them from Kleopatra program so there are no keys. I plug in my YK4 and nothing seems to happen, so I am a bit confused.

If you could clarify for me, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Can I put multiple pgp keys in there? Like my personal email key and one for my work? Or will it only fit one?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+