Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:30 pm 

I am trying to run some of the python examples in the Yubico python git repo (https://github.com/Yubico/python-yubico) on OS X 10.11 El Capitan. After installing libusb and trying to run something like the nist_challenge_response, I get the following error message:

usb.core.USBError: [Errno 13] Access denied (insufficient permissions)

This error occurs despite running as root. There appears to be an issue where the Yubikey appears as a HID keyboard and is immediately grabbed by OS X using the HID keyboard driver, leaving libusb unable to grab the device to read from it.

Does anyone know of any workaround or a reliable way to release the Yubikey so libusb can get to it?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:37 pm 

I just tried the Yubico-provided OS X desktop OATH client (2.3.0) and it won't recognize any of the Yubikeys that I insert. The app never finds the Yubikey, regardless of whether I start the app before or after I insert the Yubikey. Does this app just not work on El Capitan?

Edit: I got it to work on one install of El Capitan but not a different one, so the above information may not be correct.