Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Windows 8
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:50 pm 

Hi,

I wanted ask what the status/plans are with Windows 8. It looks like the logon config tool actual runs and configures the local accounts. However I want to use my Windows Live ID for logging in and I don't see any "impact" from activating Yubikey login.

FYI: I upgraded from W7 SP1 to W8 Release Preview

thx

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: Windows 8
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

We haven't looked at windows 8 yet. I'm guessing that the live id authentication uses another authentication module than plain local logon, if there's support for sub-authentication modules in that it's probably relatively easy to get the YubiKey Logon software working with it.

/klas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 pm 

local accounts+yubikey windows login works in windows 8 RTM, only issue so far is that the login screen will display the yubi enabled accounts and its password login alternatives.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 am 

Also, if you're looking to install it on Windows 8 the bootstrapper won't like the version.
Install manually -

Install .NET 4 from windows features,

Install the API
http://static.yubico.com/var/uploads/files/Yubikey%20Client%20API%20Installer_x86.msi OR
http://static.yubico.com/var/uploads/files/Yubikey%20Client%20API%20Installer_x64.msi

Then extract http://static.yubico.com/var/uploads/files/YubiKeyLogon.exe and launch the MSI, I launched with "msiexec /i YubiKeyLogon-x64.msi" but a double click might suffice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm 

I cant make it work with windows 8 pro x64 (spanish). Everything looks fine but the logon window cant detect if my yubikey is pluged in or not. Also i try rohos logon key for windows 8 and doesn't work properly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bigwavemx wrote:
I cant make it work with windows 8 pro x64 (spanish). Everything looks fine but the logon window cant detect if my yubikey is pluged in or not. Also i try rohos logon key for windows 8 and doesn't work properly.

Hello Bigwavemx,

Did you installed the x64 version of the Yubikey windows logon? The x86 version will not work on your x64 system.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 pm 

TomYubico wrote:
bigwavemx wrote:

Hello Bigwavemx,

Did you installed the x64 version of the Yubikey windows logon? The x86 version will not work on your x64 system.

Hi TomYubico!

Yes i did. I install manually the API (x64) and then the install of the yubikeylogon (x64). The yubikey logon administration detect when is plugged my yubikey. Also, i test the config trough the test button and all looks fine. Then i reboot. In the logon window, i place my password and no matter if my yubikey is plugged or not, I can log in. I will make a little video and I let you know.

EDIT: here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BiKiXoaZ4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bigwavemx wrote:
TomYubico wrote:
bigwavemx wrote:

Hello Bigwavemx,

Hi TomYubico!

Yes i did. I install manually the API (x64) and then the install of the yubikeylogon (x64). The yubikey logon administration detect when is plugged my yubikey. Also, i test the config trough the test button and all looks fine. Then i reboot. In the logon window, i place my password and no matter if my yubikey is plugged or not, I can log in. I will make a little video and I let you know.

EDIT: here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BiKiXoaZ4

Hello again,

Thank you for your video. For what i was able to see the problem is that your disable your key, and that is why it does not work.

You must press the ENABLE label in the top left corner. There is a message on top of that button "Your Yubikey is enabled" and in the video you disable it.

I hope this will help.

Regards,
Tom.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:49 pm 

Ok, I already push the button to set enabled the function but still not working. Here is an other video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g564rjpnx10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Again,

Which Windows login are you using? It looks like you are logging in with the LIVE ID, therefore you are authenticating vs Windows cloud and not locally.