Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 am 

With the official release of NEO manager 1.0 and Chrome 39 for Windows, I went ahead and got my Yubikey swapped over to having everything enabled. Now I have it working with both OTP and U2F services. However I'm experiencing a newbie moment. What is the proper method to invoke each type? When I plug in my NEO I get a steady green light and when I press it I get a OTP. Through fumbling on my part I was able to get U2F to work, however I honestly have no idea how. Is it a long press? A remove and reinsert? Sorry for the stupid question. :?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When the browser prompts you for touch, simply touch the key. Not long press
Just normal touch as you would do for Yubico OTP in slot one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:13 pm 

Hi!
Newbie as I am I wonder how to get my Yubikey neo FW 3.30 to work with OTP and U2F.
Enabling OTP and U2F with Neo Manager 1.0.0 is no problem, but when I do, my possibility to log in to Password Safe disappears. Password Safe cannot find the Yubikey.

Thanks
Andres

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ander01 you got private message from me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 pm 

I already configured my Neo-3.3 with the -m6 mode and am using it with both Google and OTP. Now the Manager app tells me I enable the OTP+UTF+CCID mode.

Will pushing this button break authentication with one of the already configured modes?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pushing the button ejects the card emits OTP and inserts the card
Default will talk CCID
When the FIDO client (CHROME) will look for u2f devices it will go in u2f mode for a while allowing you to touch the button during authentication.

Touching the button per se, does not break things.

If it does so, it is a new feature :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 pm 

Patschi wrote:
But sadly YubiKey Logon Administration (https://www.yubico.com/applications/com ... ows-login/) isn't working when both modes are activated (the "Configure" button is greyed out). I would appreciate a fix for that as well :)

May I get an answer please?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:52 pm 

I'm having the same problem as Patschi (The Logon Administration not working) and also Password Safe doesn't work anymore..

Ik would like to know what's going on here as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:46 am 

I just received an answer from Yubico about my problem.

Quote:
Hello Sybren -

Thank you for contacting Yubico Support. We have sent a few test NEOs to the developers of Password Safe to look into why the keys won't authenticate when U2F is turned on with OTP. You may want to consider temporarily disabling U2F so you can use Password Safe and the Windows Logon Tool. As we don't control Password Safe, we can't guarantee if/when this functionality will work.

Regarding the Logon Tool, we have notified our development team of the trouble you are having, and we've also confirmed we're seeing the same behavior on our end. We hope to have an answer for you by mid next week on the Logon Tool. We have marked this case for followup and we will contact you next week to let you know what we've found, and determine if we need to release a new build of the Logon Tool.

Best Regards,
Yubico Support Team

I hope some of you find an answer in here as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am 

andres01 wrote:
Hi!
Newbie as I am I wonder how to get my Yubikey neo FW 3.30 to work with OTP and U2F.
Enabling OTP and U2F with Neo Manager 1.0.0 is no problem, but when I do, my possibility to log in to Password Safe disappears. Password Safe cannot find the Yubikey.

Thanks
Andres

I would also like the 3.3 firmware. I got one of the first Neos when they went up on the store and I'm sad I can't use it with OTP and U2F. I'm stuck on 3.1.2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next