Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The version 1.3.3, previously anounced in beta phase is now official.

We've now got a sufficient number of positive reports from beta testers to immediately implement the 1.3.3 into production. All shipments being sent from Thursday next week will be version 1.3.3.

Firmware version 1.3.3 fixes the issue that the Yubikey did not enumerate until the operating system was started. This caused problems with TrueCrypt in a pre-boot setting as pre-1.3.3 Yubikey are effectively dead in this stage of the boot process.

Thanks everyone for your input.

With the best regards,

Jakob E
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:12 pm 

How can I upgrade the firmware on my Yubikey, that is currently running 1.3.2??

-Heiko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm 

Same question here and if this is a hardware upgrade only (i.e. buy a new one) this really is THE yubikey flaw.

Please tell us we can update through software :?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The key cannot be "field-upgraded"

Flaw or not, I won't really argue. The pre-boot functionality did not exist in 1.3.2 and earlier keys and we implemented it in the 1.3.3. With other words, it is a new feature, supporting a great application - TrueCrypt full disk encryption. Given that TrueCrypt with the Yubikey highlighted in the SecurityNow podcast we however feel a strong desire to support anyone who want to use the Yubikey with TrueCrypt pre-boot.

We really want our customers to be happy and satisfied. Anyone who have a 1.3.0 key or later and feel frustrated that he or she cannot use it for TrueCrypt pre-boot, please send me an e-mail at jakob at yubico dot com with your delivery address and I'll ensure that a 1.3.3 key gets sent free of charge. We will in a near future implement an upgrade program as a more permanent solution where all key owners can buy the most recent Yubikey at a discount price.

With the best regards,

Jakob E
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 pm 

Thanks for clearing all this out Jakob. I am an avid Security Now fan (since day one) and Steve and Leo made me want to buy a Yubikey which I did.
As soon as I did learn about the possibility of Truecrypt compatibilty I jumped in.
I know that this kind of hardware only evolution is a real difficulty for your business as well but I really felt like a stone in my shoe on yubikey integration to my workflow.

Your offer is really nice. As I own a 1.3.1 key, I'll get back to you by email.

Thanks for being so supportive with your customers. Now I feel better :D

Nicolas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:35 pm 

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for the upgraded yubikey I got today, that was fast ! :o

Now I am afraid I just dug up a new problem. Explanations on this thread : http://forum.yubico.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=252

Hope this is a known problem with a known solution but I did not find any mention of it in these fora. I have no clue if this is connected to 1.3.3 so I guess further messages should be posted on the other thread. Sorry to hijack the 1.3.3 thread this way.

Regards,

Nicolas