Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am 

Just got a NEO that I intended to use with both OTP and U2F on my Huawei P9 Android 7.0 phone.

I've confirmed the NEO to have Firmware 3.4.9 using the NEO Manager. It is running in OTP+U2F+CCID mode.

Apps listed are:
Code:
YubiKey OTP 3.4.1
YubiOATH 1.0.0
Yubico U2F 1.1.0
OpenPGP 1.0.11
Yiboco PIV 1.0.4

Both OTP and U2F works fine on a PC via USB.

However, over NFC I can only get the OTP mode to work. Whenever I tap the key to the NFC receiver it just opens the Yubikey Authenticator and gives me OTPs even if I'm currently prompted to authenticate/register using U2F by a webpage (Google and Yubico U2F Demo site).

If I uninstall the Yubikey Authenticator I'm redirected to a Yubico webpage saying "Congratulations! You have successfully authenticated with the YubiKey NEO".

When I try using the Yubico U2F demo attempt to register I get the popup for "Performing U2F action", "Please touch the flashing U2F device now.", and that I may be prompted to allow permissions for accessing security keys. No such prompt has ever appeared. My key has also never flashed or shown any activity when used over NFC. It still works for OTPs tho.

If I try to log onto Google using the key I get an error message before even being prompted to use my key (after entering my password), saying (translated from Swedish):
"There was an error. Disconnect the security key and try again."
"Ett fel har uppstått. Koppla från säkerhetsnyckeln och försök igen."

I never tried in the first place. :(

The phone is running Chrome 62.0.3202.84.

Does anyone have any idea on what could be wrong here? Do you think that it is some weird Huawei-specific issue, or did I miss something else? Do I need to set up my browser in any particular way?

Last edited by Jiddo on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:33 pm 

Maybe install google authenticator. With that and when using Chrome, that should yield the pop up.

In a browser that can't work with these intents, like opera you can see that they are trying to flip the google authenticator.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2017-11-09-14-29-07.png
Screenshot_2017-11-09-14-29-07.png [ 383.67 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 pm 

My1 wrote:
Maybe install google authenticator. With that and when using Chrome, that should yield the pop up.

In a browser that can't work with these intents, like opera you can see that they are trying to flip the google authenticator.

Oh wow, that fixed my problems. Thanks so much! I had no idea that the Google Authenticator was required for this to work. Does it actually say so anywhere? Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm 

No idea, though i'd rather have it work over otg as i have no neo