Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:50 pm 

There seem to be a few problems with both the OVF and VMX downloads.

1) Both templates result in a virtual machine that starts, but it seems to lack a /home/yubikey directory, login is possible somehow, but it results in an empty desktop.
I was able to start xterm using ALT-F2 and create a home directory for the yubikey user, after that I could login normaly.

2) The network configuration is still on manual with a private IP adress assigned to the nic, I assume this is the yubico test lab config.

3) configuring time synchronisation from webmin throws an error : ntpdate not installed

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We apologize for the inconvenience.

There is missing directory for the yubikey user under home directory.

Please apply the attached patch to resolve this issue.

1. Please login to YRVA as root; download the attached patch file "dir.tgz" and untar using the following command:

# tar -xvzpf dir.tgz -C /

Hope this helps! Please feel free to write back if you have further questions.

We will look into other issues and update and upload the new release.

Attachments:
File comment: YubiRadius 3.6.1 missing folder patch
Yubiradius_patch.tgz [101.5 KiB]
Downloaded 161 times

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm 

I just redownloaded YubiRADIUS 3.6.1 20 minutes ago and the problem still exists.

Please re-upload the 3.6.1 file with the FIX implemented (and probably call it 3.6.2 or 3.6.12 so people know you've changed it).

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have to apply the patch attached to the post, there is no new version at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:23 pm 

Tom,

How about you act like a big boy company and apply the Patch to the YubiRADIUS server yourself then upload the fixed version since you guys didn't do your due diligence while testing.

I shouldn't have to download the fucked up version then fix it myself (I have had enough of trying to fix Yubico's mistakes [look for my posts in this forum about your broken PHP code that you guys won't respond to].

You know how to fix it - you've uploaded the patch - now apply it yourself and upload the fixed YubiRADIUS. I don't have time in my day to be fixing your mistakes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:43 pm 

Labduighani, Although I share your view that Yubico could have uploaded a fixed image I do NOT agree with your aggressive approach and foul language !
Please show some respect....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm 

Well when Yubico support says they'll forward my problems on to their dev team and I get no responses for weeks on end I start to lose respect.

When I post those same problems to the forum and nobody from Yubico acknowledge's the problem whatsoever I lose even more respect.

When that same company does some very simple obvious fixes to their VA (not displaying passwords in plaintext, finally allowing symbols in passwords) but doesn't even test to see that users can log in using the credentials provided I've lost all respect and patience.

These are not the actions of a company deserving of respect. Especially not after they've replied saying "we've done enough - patch it yourself".

Yubico knows what they need to do - all they had to say was "Yep, we're working on that it will be up in a couple of days".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am 

I meant show some respect to the forum... theres more people here trying to assist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:52 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, we apologize for the recent issues with YubiRADIUS 3.6.1. We understand that you have high expectations of Yubico and our related applications, and we have not met them with this release.

We will be releasing a new instance of the YubiRADIUS Virtual Appliance early next week with these issues fixed. If you do not wish to wait, you may apply the patch, as discussed on this forum.

Yubico is aware of the user frustrations with YubiRADIUS and are working on our internal processes to both prevent issues like these from occurring again, as well as being able to more quickly respond to issues reported by users.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

We have just uploaded a patched version of YubiRADIUS. This instance should have the Yubikey user working correctly without the need for a patch.

Thank you all for your patience.