Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:53 pm 

I am trying to figure out if I can use the Yubikey with the Kaba lock system. They both support Mifare. The Kaba lock software is asking for the Facility Code and the Card ID. How do I determine these Codes?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 pm 

Can you explain what it is Kaba? For what of Service ? Can you give a Information Link?

And about your questions: There are some Terminal Strings in Linux. That seems to give you a answer for your Details about your yubikey.

Sorry i seartch the command(s) and try to post them as a Link if i Find them Again.

By.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:17 pm 

Kaba is a lock system.
http://www.kaba-adsamericas.com/solutio ... -3600.html

It allows for dual required PIN and Card reader. We want the card to be a Yubikey. We are hoping that the Yubikey works since both support Mifare.

I ordered a NFC/Mifare reader to hook to the computer that has the Kaba E-Plex Enterprise software on it (windows 8.1 only, does not support windows 10). It should arrive tomorrow and that may answer my question.

I hope that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:06 pm 

Hello. Yes your link was helpful.
I was cangeing my mind if i shoud write that. Cause between the Lines you can see how Low my known about technical and prorgamming is. But by the way i wrote here my mind and hope it helps.

So:

I mean without the Information about the Mode for the 2 step autentication you can not reatch the Plan.
This means : Do you Need OTP or a other mechanisment (Yubikey Supports more then OTP).
The second Questions is how to make yubikey present for choise in the door software.
My mind is you need a universal Protokoll for the transmitt and it seems that the Kaba isnt open software.
And thats the Point.

Or you find out a script like Python or sh that wait on a mini PC (or Android device) between Doorsystem and Yubikey.
Then yubikey is pessed it comunicate with the "minipc or door Client" that Client comunicates then with Door System.
I become that Idea cause to write a waitig script on a device , and konfigure this device into door System seems simplier as to immigrate yubikey (if im write with closend software Kaba and not ready for Yubikey at Startup). However maybe yubikey is in the plan of Kaba. In that case i have to be so sorry for my Answer about your question.

However It was only my Ideas.

More i culdnt do for you.
Byby
#letters from a newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:11 pm 

Sorry i got an idea Nr.2
Test the Kompatibility Mode when you can. With the exe file from your software in runing Windows 10. And set the Kompatibility mode to Windows 8. Maybe the Software runs on win 10. Maybe.
You find it by:
Pressing you start file.exe for the software you runs with right mouse when preferency (last entry) Then kompatib.....mode set the Checkbox checked and select the older Windows Version (8) then hit o.k. and dubble click this start progrmfile for Launch the Applicatin (but now it starts in Win8 mode)

Hope now the software runs better.

and good luck to integrate with yubikey. Byby

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:06 pm 

Update:

Yubikey Neo does work with Kaba Locks systems E-plex version E5631.

We use a Key Code plus the Yubikey for access.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

This is a good news. is it using MIFARE UID only or is it also a PIV reader?

How's the user experience? is it reading the card quickly?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 pm 

The lock is setup to enter the access code then scan the Yubikey Neo. It does not use the PIV.

Dale