Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm 

I received two Yubikeys two days ago with the purpose to use them with two laptops together with Password Safe. I set the keys up with older HP Elitebook 8470. Everything worked ok.

Then I moved to work with newer HP Spectre XT Ultrabook (Windows7 Home Premium). Now the problem is that Yubikey Personalization tool or Yubikey-version of Password Safe do not recognize Yubikey in either of the USB slots. Yubikey works fine with Notepad, or even with the Yubicom web demo.

But cannot personalize it or use with Password Safe. Tried but of the two keys in both USB ports. USB Ports work fine with Logitech mouse or any old USB-stick.

Tried to remove the Yubikey from Windows and re-insert it. No effect.

Frustrating,

seppo :(

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 am 

OK, this is now SOLVED.

During extensive updating of Intel chipset software and such I also used the upgrade option from HP to upgrade to Windows 8.

Yubico Personalization or Password Safe didn't work there either.

Then, pretty frustrated already I tried Application Compatibility problem solving offered by Windows 8. Magically it made the software work. The detail that it tweaked was 'Run as Administrator' which earlier was handled in some way automatically, probably due to different system setups in other computers I use.

That solved the whole thing...

:)