Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 pm 

I have tried using the Leveldown tool and it returns 'No key found'. I can use the yubikey, LastPass, this blog ext. but I can not use the config tools. I have tried using the windows tools in a vm and also the linux tools in another vm. (Fusion 3.1.2)
I can see 'Phoenix Yubico Yubikey II' in the usb list. However when I try to connect to it I get the msg "The host requires this device for input". The Mac is seeing the yubikey as a keyboard (of course:-) but will not give it up to a vm or the Leveldown tools I suspect. I have a bluetooth keyboard so I really don't need the yubikey for input but 10.6 does not seem to know that.
Suggestions, advice, further reading all welcome.

Tanks

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

We would appreciate if you can make the following changes to your VMware image (tested on base operating system as Windows with VMWare server but should work on other platforms):

1) Open the .vmx file of your Windows/Linux VMware image in your favorite text editor

2) Add the following line at the end of the .vmx file:

usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE"

3) Save the .vmx file and start the Windows/Linux VMware image

Now, the Windows/Linux OS installed in VMware will start recognizing the YubiKey.

Also add a USB controller using the VMware Server Console. You can add the USB controller by selecting the Windows/Linux VMware machine's settings and clicking on Add button under the Hardware tag.

Whenever you insert the YubiKey in the physical server running the Windows/Linux VMware image, using the VMware Server Console you need to click on VM --> Removable Devices and select the YubiKey. This will enumerate the YubiKey in the Windows/Linux OS running under VMware. Now hopefully you should be able to use the Windows/Linux personalization utility to reprogram your YubiKey.

We hope this helps!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 pm 

Should have mentioned, I already added the HID line to my .vmx file. Have not added the vm changes. I am away for 3 weeks but will give it a try as soon as I'm back.
Just logged in using my Yubikey and USB adapter on the iPad.....Cool.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 am 

I found that I needed to add two lines to my .vmx file for this to work (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micros ... Id=1033435):

usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE"
usb.generic.allowLastHID = "TRUE"

That said, once I did that I simply get a new error trying to use gpshell to update the openpgp app on my neo:

>GPShell.exe gpinstall.txt
mode_211
enable_trace
establish_context
card_connect
card_connect() returns 0x80100069 (The smart card has been removed, so that further communication is not possible.)