Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:35 pm 

Hello,

I just started encrypting my entire system partitions (a laptop + a desktop) and just ran into my first problem. My YubiKey is set on Config. 1 to produce the 32 character static password.
Upon first booting up the computer, this works wonderfully on the TrueCrypt 7.1 bootloader.

However, if the laptop has been turned on, then I put it into Hibernate (As sleep mode negates the security factor) I run into an issue with the Yubikey... For some reason after waking up from hibernate, the key will light green then go off...and it will not produce any output. If I plug it into another computer it works just fine. It also works fine in this laptop in every other case EXCEPT when waking up from hibernation...

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this? Or a possible fix? :ugeek:

-JB

**Hibernation isn't mandatory on a desktop, but on a laptop it would certainly be nice to not have to shut-down the computer each and every time I set it aside when
it's running off the battery, ya know?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 am 
Does it start working again if you remove and then insert the YubiKey in the computer after a suspend, before pressing the button?

If not, it has to be something with your USB host controller after a resume.

What if you remove the YubiKey before suspending your computer, and then insert it after resume? I use suspend-resume all the time myself and have never had a problem like the one you are describing (Dell Latitude E6400, Ubuntu 11.10).

/Fredrik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 pm 
Sorry, upon re-reading your post I realize you talked about hibernation and not suspend-resume.

The troubleshooting advice would be the same though.

/Fredrik