Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 pm 

I got my new NEO a few weeks ago, and after searching a bit I have three questions for those with any experience at all:

1. Can I use the NEO for three separate windows logon acounts requiring different passwords? If so, how can this be configured?
2. I use Fedora Linux on occasion, and wonder if the NEO can be used for both user and root logon? How?
3. Are static passwords required for website logon?

All replies are welcome and appreciated.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

spence wrote:
1. Can I use the NEO for three separate windows logon acounts requiring different passwords? If so, how can this be configured?
2. I use Fedora Linux on occasion, and wonder if the NEO can be used for both user and root logon? How?
3. Are static passwords required for website logon?

1) Yes, configure the second slot of the NEO in challenge response mode. Then configure the 3 different laptop to require a Yubikey at login. The passwords will need to be entered manually the users.

2) Yes, you can like in point 1. You will need to configure the Yubikey in challenge-response mode and configure the Linux login.

3) (it is not clear what are you referring to) Static password, are complex long passwords. Some website requires a password to log in. If the password stored in the Yubikey is the same as the one you configured in the website, you will be able to login using the Yubikey.
If you are referring to this forum, you will need the OTP and a password.

Documentation is available on http://www.yubico.com/support/documentation/ and http://www.yubico.com/applications/computer-login/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 am 

Thank you.