Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:44 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I have recently got my Neo key and have been able to set it up to my needs. I have an issue on my Windows machine and need your help.

I have loaded my pgp keys to my Neo and it works fine on two my mac machines. The OPT and Static passwords work fine on Windows as configured. But when I run the command gpg2 --card-edit, it says: gpg: OpenPGP card not available: Not supported.

my key is running the OpenPGP applet 1.0.10. I have GnuPG version 2.0.27 (Gpg4win 2.2.4) installed and the Yubico manager shows OTP+U2F+CCID modes. One more piece of information. When I go to Device Manager, I can see a smart card device: Identity Device (NIST SP 800-73 [PIV]).

Has anyone else experienced similar issue? I am totally new to this. So, it is very likely that I am missing something obvious here.

Thanks for your help.
--
Amirali

Last edited by aasaeedi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:10 pm 

Quick update on this. I managed to get access on another Windows machine running 8.1. Surprisingly, my card just works on this machine.

So the problem is only repro on my work laptop :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 pm 

Now this is really frustrating. Just connected my Neo key to the second Machine that everything seemed to be working on. running gpg2 --card-status, I see all my info is gone. It looks like the smart card functionality is reset to factory state. All cardholder info and PGP keys are gone! When I try to update any field like Name or url, it says Card error.

Is this a bug or malfunctioning hardware?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm 

It appears that out IT has somehow disabled something on our machines. My key works on any other Machine with any platform.

So marking this as Solved for now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:45 pm 

Gpg 2.0 also has a lot of problems on Windows if a smartcard gets removed. It often just shows incomplete information on gpg --card-status or none at all.
Usually, restarting scdaemon.exe is enough to fix it (also needed if some other function of the Yubikey should be accessed and e.g. the Yubico Authenticator does this all the time).
Easiest way to do it programmatically is to run "taskkill /F /IM scdaemon.exe"