Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:25 pm 

Hi,
I have the YubiKey4 Nano. I'm trying to figure out something that seems like it should be relatively straightforward, but I cannot find enough documentation to figure out how to do this. I see that Facebook has a way to show a secret key, which I presume is the OATH-HOTP method. From documentation, it looks like I can add that key to the Yubikey. However, does that mean that I can only use that slot for Facebook? Is there a way to do a more global OATH-HOTP method so that I'm not narrowing my slot to only be used for one site? I read a lot of stories about people who say they use their YubiKey "all the time", but with the limited number of sites that support U2F, I'm finding my ability to use it to be fairly limited. I feel like there is something I'm not understanding here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Use Yubico Authenticator. You can store around 30 OATH credentials on the NEO or YubiKey 4's OATH applet, which won't affect either of your configuration slots. The obvious drawback would be that you need to have the Yubico Authenticator app running, whereas with using one of the configuration slots you can simply hold the YK4 until the OATH-HOTP code is sent.

https://developers.yubico.com/yubioath-desktop/